This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SwapMilk4Silk #CollectiveBias
About a year ago we realized that my teenage son has a dairy allergy.Â He misses some dairy products, but luckily there are milk alternatives that let him swap out milk and still enjoy his favorite foods. Â With the school year just around the corner I made this delicious dairy free back to school breakfast of Cherry Pancakes with a Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie!
Pancakes are a staple food in my house, so finding a good non-dairy pancake recipe is a must. Â For these pancakes I used Silk Vanilla Almond Milk and coconut oil, for light and tasty pancakes.
Blueberry pancakes are more traditional, but I had a bunch of fresh cherries and thought it would be fun to change try something different. Â So I pitted some cherries and put them in the batter.
They cooked up nicely, and gave the pancakes some swirls of pink.
Dairy Free Cherry Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 2 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Silk Vanilla Almond milk
- 1 egg
- 2 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 cup pitted cherries
- Preheat a pancake griddle on medium.
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl and stir.
- Combine the Almond milk, egg, and coconut oil in another bowl and stir.
- Quickly pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and mix until just blended.
- Fold in the cherries.
- Drop about 1/4 c. of batter on a griddle, and flip after 3 minutes.
- Cook 3 minutes on the other side.
- Serve with more cherries.
As a beverage to accompany breakfast, I used Silk Chocolate Cashew milk to make a delicious Peanut Butter Chocolate Smoothie!
The new Chocolate Cashew milk is so creamy that it is the perfect base for smoothies.
For this recipe I cut up a banana and added a few tablespoons of peanut butter and some ice to the Cashew milk.
The resulting smoothie was cold and creamy, and had a great chocolate peanut butter taste with a hint of banana.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie
- 1 cup Silk Chocolate Cashew Milk
- 1/2 banana
- 2 Tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- 5 ice cubes
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend well.
I bought my Silk products at Walmart, where there are many different kinds to choose from. Â I especially like the individual packs of Almond Milk. The single serve size is perfect for when we are on-the-go.
They are shelf stable, so they are great for my son to pack when he is going camping with his scout troop. He can use the Silk to pour over his cereal or oatmeal, and the troop doesnâ€™t have to bring special food just for him.
Do you enjoy Silk’s delicious milk products too? Â Be sure to check out all the delicious Silk recipes here. Â I’d love to hear your favorite!