These cute Easter cereal bars are a tasty treat to celebrate the holiday. You can make them from your favorite cereals, such as Rice Krispies or Rice Chex. Decorate them with Easter eggs and colorful sprinkles for an easy no-bake Easter-themed treat!
This treat is tasty and perfect for spring. Cadbury mini eggs add chocolate bursts of flavor to the marshmallow cereal bars. And the bright colors are cheerful and welcome after the bleakness of winter.
And everyone loves them! There have been a few occasions when I’ve made a complicated holiday dessert only to find everyone ignoring it in favor of marshmallow coated cereal bars! They are soooo addictive to eat.
Why You Will Love This Recipe
This no-bake recipe is cute and kid friendly.
There is no baking skill necessary to make these cereal bars.
You can switch up the decorations and use jelly beans or robin eggs to decorate.
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
Cereal – I use Rice Chex in these photos, but you can use Rice Krispies, Oat Squares or whatever crunchy cereal you have on hand. I like Rice Chex for this recipe because the larger pieces go better with the chocolate Easter eggs.
Cadbury Mini Eggs and Sprinkles – Any Easter themed candy will work fine to decorate the bars.
Funfetti baking chips – These chips are like vanilla frosting with funfetti sprinkles added in. They add flavor and color to the cereal bars. You can find them at most grocery stores right by the chocolate chips.
Butter and marshmallows – These are melted to hold the cereal together.
How to Make Easter Cereal Bars
Get the baking pan ready before you start. I used a 9 x 13 inch glass baking dish. Spray it with nonstick cooking spray so that the bars come out easily.
This is not a difficult recipe, but once everything starts melting you need to work quickly. So have all the ingredients measured and ready to go before you begin.
Put the butter in a large saucepan or stock pot. The pan will eventually hold all the ingredients, so make sure you pick one that will be large enough.
Melt the butter over medium-low heat, stirring every minute or so. Once it is melted add the marshmallows and stir constantly until they melt, which will not take very long.
Once the marshmallows have melted stir in the funfetti chips and take the pan off the heat.
Add the cereal right away You don’t have to worry about melting the funfetti chips, they will melt as you mix the cereal in. Stir the cereal until is well coated in the mixture.
Pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish and press it down with a metal spatula or a piece of waxed paper. Then immediately add the Cadbury mini eggs and the sprinkles on top, distributing them more or less evenly.
Let the mixture cool for about an hour, then cut it into bars and serve.
How to Serve
Serve these fun Easter cereal bars as a snack or after school treat. These also are a great dessert to make for a party, since they are so simple.
How to Store
These keep at room temperature in an airtight container for 2-3 days. If you are stacking them then put wax paper or parchment paper between them to prevent sticking.
You can also freeze these. Just wrap them well in wax paper and put them in a freezer bag. They will keep for up to 3 months in the freezer. To thaw them leave them out on the counter overnight.
Key Tips for This Recipe
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
Make sure you use a large saucepan for this recipe.
Have everything measured and ready before you start. Once the marshmallows melt you need to work quickly.
Use a metal spatula or piece of wax paper to press the cereal into the baking dish.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 package mini marshmallows
- 1 12-ounce box cereal, Rice Chex or Rice Krispies
- 1 9-ounce package Funfetti baking chips
- 2 cups mini Cadbury eggs
- Rainbow sprinkles
- Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set it aside.
- Place the butter in a large saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally.
- When the butter is melted, add the marshmallows and stir to combine and let the marshmallows met.
- Once they are melted stir in the Funfetti chips and take the pan off the heat.
- Add the cereal to the pan and stir until all the pieces are coated.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and press it firmly into the pan. Use a metal spatula or wax paper.
- Add the rainbow sprinkles and chocolate eggs on top. Then allow it to cool completely, for about 1 hour.
- Cut into 15 bars and serve.
- Make sure you use a large saucepan for this recipe.
- Have everything measured and ready before you start. Once the marshmallows melt you need to work quickly.
- Use a metal spatula or piece of wax paper to press the cereal into the baking dish.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 239Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 211mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 3g
Nutrition facts are estimates.