Yummy and delicious Easter hand pies are a breeze to create, and everyone will love to eat them. And there are only two ingredients! All you need is pie dough and pie filling to make these cute Easter-themed pies.
Air fry them and this sweet treat will be ready to eat in 10 minutes, or bake them in the oven if you prefer! Either way these delightfully shaped pies are a simple way to make a simple spring dessert. Make Easter bunnies, Easter eggs, butterflies or chicks, whatever shapes inspire you.
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
Pie crust – I used premade refrigerator pie crust because the whole appeal of these for me is that they are low effort! But if you want to make a homemade pie crust then go right ahead.
Pie filling – I used canned lemon pie filling for the Easter bunnies and cherry pie filling for the Easter eggs. Blueberry pie filling would also work well. The bunnies needed a filling like lemon that doesn’t have big chunks of fruit because of the more complicated shape. The Easter eggs, on the other hand, were wide enough to accommodate the cherries.
Spray oil – A simple vegetable oil or canola oil is best. If you are air frying these don’t use store-bought cooking oil, use oil in a spray bottle. Aerosol cooking oils can damage the nonstick finish on the air fryer basket. If you are baking these in the oven use any oil you like.
Key Tips for This Recipe
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
Don’t overfill the hand pies.
For a more complicated shape, like bunnies, use a pie filling that doesn’t have big chunks of fruit.
Decorate them with sparkling sugar, sprinkles, glaze or nothing at all.
Don’t use a store-bought spray oil if air frying the hand pies.
How to Make
1. Cut Out
Roll out the pie crust onto a large cutting board. Cut out the bunnies and Easter eggs with a cookie cutter. You will need 2 of each shape for a pie, so make sure you cut an even number of shapes.
Put a tablespoon of the pie filling in the middle of every other shape. Make sure you don’t add too much filling, these are small and extra will ooze out the sides.
Take a small bowl of water and dip your finger into it. Run it along the edge of the filled cookie shape. Put a second shape on top of the pie filling, make sure to line it up so the two halves match. Press the edges of the pies together with a fork.
Preheat the air fryer at 370 degrees F or the oven at 400 degrees F. Spray or brush the top of each hand pie with a little bit of cooking oil. If desired, top the pies with sparkling sugar or colored sprinkles.
Cook the hand pies for 5-8 minutes in the air fryer. They will cook fast, so check them after 5 minutes and add 2-3 minutes if they need to brown more.
If cooking them in the oven put them on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the tops are brown.
How to Serve
The filling will be VERY hot when these are done baking. Let them cool for 5-10 minutes before serving. These are delicious served with whipped cream or just enjoyed as a quick dessert.
How to Store
These hand pies will taste best the day they are baked. But if you have leftovers store them in an airtight container at room temperature. They will keep for 2-3 days.
To reheat these put them back in the air fryer at 350 degrees F for about 3 minutes. This will crisp them up a little and heat up the filling.
Glazing the Hand Pies
These would taste excellent with a simple glaze. Let the hand pies cool before adding a glaze. Then whisk powdered sugar with a few tablespoons of milk and drizzle the pies with the icing. Add some decorate sprinkles to make them even prettier.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Easter Hand Pies
- 1 box premade pie crust
- 6 tablespoons lemon pie filling or your favorite flavor
- 6 tablespoons cherry filling
- spray oil
- colored sprinkles
- sparkling sugar
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- Roll out the pie crust and cut out Easter shapes with a cookie cutter.
- Place a tablespoon of pie filling on every other shape.
- Get a bowl of water and dip a finger into it. Run your wet finger around the edge of the filled shape.
- Place a second shape on top of the pie filling topped pieces and press edges together with a fork to seal.
- Preheat the air fryer to 370 degrees F or the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly coat each hand pie with oil from a spray bottle. Add sprinkles or sparkling sugar if desired.
- Put the pies in the air fryer and cook at 370 F for 5-8 minutes. Watch them closely because they will brown quickly toward the end of the cooking time.
- If using the oven put the pies on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes in the oven, until brown on top.
- Let the pies cool 5-10 minutes before serving, since the filling will be hot.
- Whisk the powdered sugar and milk together in a medium bowl.
- Drizzle the glaze over the cooled hand pies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.