Looking for an easy dessert to make for the Super Bowl this weekend? It is simple to make these football shaped cookies without a special cookie cutter.
To make a football shape I used a circular cookie cutter. First I cut out a circle shape, and then used the same cookie cutter to go over half the circle and make it a football shape.
You also end up with a bunch of crescent moons, which you could bake too, although I just re-rolled them and made more footballs!
I frosted the cookies with chocolate frosting, and then used white frosting to pipe on laces. These were simple to make, and are a perfect dessert to bring to a party on Sunday!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Chocolate frosting
- Vanilla frosting
- Mix the butter and sugar for about 3 minutes, until well combined.
- Add in egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Mix in the flour and salt until just combined.
- Chil the dough for 1-2 hours.
- When you are ready to bake the cookies preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Roll out half of the dough, and use a round cookie cutter to make circles.
- Then use the same cookie cutter to cut the round cookies into football shapes.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the edges start to brown.
- Cool completely.
- Spread a thin layer of chocolate frosting over the cookies.
- Put the white frosting in a decorating bag and pipe laces on the cookies.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 125Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 22mgSodium: 126mgCarbohydrates: 16gSugar: 6gProtein: 1g
What are your party plans for the Super Bowl?