This post contains affiliate links.
Summer is here, which means picnics and outdoor fun! Â One of my favorite picnic foods is this Easy Potato Salad recipe which I learned how to make from my mom.
I love this recipe because it is quick and easy to make. The salad is made up of potatoes, hard boiled eggs, celery, gherkin pickles and red onions. To keep things simple I dice the potatoes and boil them with the skin still on. The small diced Â potatoes cook quickly, and the potato skins add to the flavor of the dish.
My mom always uses sweet gherkins in potato salad instead of dill pickles, so that is what I use. The crispy pickles add a nice crunch to the salad! I mix all the ingredients together with mayonnaise and pickle juice, add a few spices and the salad is ready to serve. Â The recipe is easy to modify depending on your taste preferences. My family and I like potato salad that is light on the mayo, and we like lots of eggs too.
Easy Potato Salad
- Wash the potatoes, and then dice them and add them to a sauce pan. Cover with water and boil for 10 minutes until just tender.
- While the potatoes cook chop the eggs, celery, red onion and gherkins. Add to a a bowl.
- Drain the cooked potatoes and run under cold water for a couple minutes to cool them off.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl along with the mayonnaise, pickle juice and salt.
- Mix everything well and refrigerate for an hour or so until time to serve.
- Garnish with paprika.
This potato salad is perfect for summer parties like Memorial Day or Fourth of July picnics!