This is an easy recipe for a quick clam bake.Â I like to make this because it is a one pot meal, since you layer the potatoes and corn and clams one after the other and boil them.Â Many clam bakes include lobster, but I always leave that out because of the expense, and because boiling live lobsters is not my favorite thing to do.Â
- 2 dozen clams
- 1/4 c. cornmeal
- 1 T salt
- 6 potatoes, chopped
- 1 onion
- 1/2 c. white wine
- 4 ears corn, shucked
- Put clams in a large bowl and sprinkle with the cornmeal.Â Then cover with cold water and add 1 T. salt.Â Let sit for an hour to help draw out the sand.
- Cut the potatoes in quarters and combine with the onions in a large pot.Â Add the wine, and then add enough water to cover the vegetables.Â Bring to a boil and then cover and let cook for 10 minutes.
- Cut each ear of corn in half and add on top of the potatoes.Â Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and rinse the clams.Â Then add the to the pot on top of the corn.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes, until all the clams open. Serve with melted butter.