The idea behind World Foods sauces is to provide a range of easy to use, economical sauces to make putting together a fantastic taste dinner quick and easy. My family loves Asian foods, but I don’t always have the Asian spices on hand to create authentic dishes. Sure, I could make a special stop at the local Asian food store, and pick up something like kaffir lime leaves, but the reality is I only do that a few times a year. It is much easier to let World Fusion do the work, and create a sauce from 100% natural, authentic ingredients.
I received a big package of their sauces to sample, from all different Asian cuisines, including Thai, Malaysian and Cambodian. I decided to put together a quick stir fry using all the extra things I had in the refrigerator and the Thai Coconut Galangal Sauce. This meal was literally made with leftovers, including some leftover pork tenderloin, onion, a handful of bok choy, a few mushrooms, some red and green peppers and 1/2 an eggplant.
My husband always complains when I serve leftovers, but this was so different that it seemed like a completely new meal. It tasted delicious, and the sauce added a nice coconut flavor. It took me about half an hour from start to finish to make this meal, so it is perfect for a weeknight when you are in a rush. You could use many different vegetables, but here is what I put together.
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1/2 green pepper, chopped
- 1/2 red pepper, chopped
- 5 mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 eggplant, cubed
- 1 cup bok choy, shredded
- 1/2 lb cooked pork tenderloin, sliced
- 3/4 cup Coconut Galangal Sauce
- 3 Tablespoon coconut cream
- 1/2 Tablespoon fish sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in wok. When it is hot add onion and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add eggplant and mushrooms and stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add red and green peppers along with pork tenderloin and stir fry for 2 more minutes.
- Now stir in the Coconut Galangal sauce along with the coconut cream, fish sauce and bok choy.
- Cook until the bok choy wilts and serve over rice.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 203Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 222mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 3gSugar: 4gProtein: 14g