This post was sponsored by OCRRA as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Recycling is vitally important to helping our community and conserving our natural resources. With the current social distancing and economic uncertainty lots of things have changed and are unclear – but the importance of recycling hasn’t changed.
Recycle Right: Know the Rules
What to Recycle in Your Bin
- Cardboard boxes – If you are ordering online like we are, those cardboard boxes are recyclable.
- Food boxes – Cereal boxes, pasta boxes, tissue boxes – all clean cardboard is recyclable.
- Paper – Did you print out coloring pages for your kids? Put your favorite picture on the refrigerator and recycle the rest!
- Cans and jars – Spaghetti sauce, beans and soup are staples in my house right now. Rinse them out and recycle them.
- Plastic bottles and jugs – Milk jugs and bottles of juice
- Plastic dairy and non-dairy substitutes tubs – These are the only plastic tubs that are recyclable. They need to be wide-mouth and stackable.
- Newspaper, magazines, catalogs, even softcover books
What Not to Recycle
- Latex, nitrile or vinyl gloves
- Plastics that crack when you step on them including plastic cups and berry containers
- Yard Waste
- Tanglers – Anything that is likely to wrap around sorting equipment, like hoses, wires, cords, belts and so on. This can cause damage to the sorting equipment.
Make Crafts Out of Recyclables
Denim Dog Toy Supplies
- Tennis Ball
Denim Dog Toy Directions
- Cut the waistband off the jeans.
- Cut the pants apart by cutting up both seams in the legs and cutting them apart at the crotch. You should end up with 2 flat pieces of fabric each with 2 legs.
- Arrange the 2 pieces so that the tops of the jeans overlap and the legs extend out from the center. Put the tennis ball in the center.
- Gather the fabric around the tennis ball and use the jean’s waistband to tie it tightly. Double knot it. Cut the waistband off to make the tie shorter.
- Cut each pants leg into 3 sections that are more or less even.
- Braid all four of the pants legs. When you get to the bottom of each leg use pieces of the waistband to tie off the ends.
- Trim the edges of the braids and cut off any extra fabric. It doesn’t have to be perfect, your dog won’t care!
- Give the toy to your favorite furry friend to enjoy.