I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.
Football Game Day is always fun for my family! This year our teams aren’t doing so well though. Our local college team is Syracuse University, and they have won one game all year, and are playing the #3 ranked Clemson Tigers this weekend, which doesn’t sound promising. And in the NFL we are huge Giants fans, but they are still searching for their first victory.
But even with few victories to celebrate watching the game is still enjoyable. We aren’t able to attend games often, so for us tailgating usually occurs on our deck. Anything we eat during a game has to be portable, so it is easy to eat while we watch. These Layered Mars Bite Cakes are perfect, because they are easy to make in their own individual Mason jars.
Mars Bites are cute little bite sized versions of some of your favorite candies. I bought these to make our Game Day Dessert and my husband and kids found them and started snacking, but luckily they left me enough to make dessert.
If you are taking your tailgating on the road you could easily make them in taller jars and add a lid to make them portable!
For my dessert I layered cake and cream cheese with sliced up Snickers and Milky Way Bites. I like to make some of each type of candy, so everyone can have their favorite. Personally I like the Snickers Bites best, but both seem to disappear fast in my house.
- Chocolate Cake
- 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Syrup
- 4 candy bars
- To make the cheesecake batter combine the cream cheese and 1/4 c. of the sugar in a mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add 2/3 c. of heavy cream to the cream cheese mixture, and beat until it thickens.
- Put the cheesecake batter to another bowl and wash the mixer.
- Whip the remaining 1/3 c. of heavy cream with the remaining 1 T of sugar, and beat until soft peaks form.
- Slice the Snickers Bites and Milky Way Bites into thin strips.
- Rip the cake to pieces and put in the bottom of a Mason Jar. Top with a layer of the cream cheese, and then a layer of Mars Bites.
- Keep alternating layers until you reach 1/2 an inch below the top of the jar.
- Add a layer of chocolate syrup.
- Top with whipped cream and a Mars Bite.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 487Saturated Fat: 21gCholesterol: 96mgSodium: 158mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 2gSugar: 28gProtein: 5g