My family always enjoys grilling food outside this time of year. We have a long winter around here, so once the snow is gone and we can break out the grill we can hardly wait! Kebobs are one of my favorite things to grill because they have both meat and vegetables, so it is an efficient way to cook. We had perfect grilling weather this weekend, and I made this beef kebob for dinner on Saturday.
When I was at the grocery last week I saw the cutest little red potatoes in a microwaveable container, and I realized they would be perfect for the grill. I microwaved them first so they would be cooked, and then added them to the skewers with the beef so they would be charred a little on the outside. I though it would be different to have potatoes on the kebobs with the beef, instead of cooking them separately. If your store doesn’t sell these you could just boil some small red potatoes before adding them to the skewers. I also used our some of our favorite grilling vegetables, onions, mushrooms and colorful peppers. The vegetables and beef all tasted great together, and I will certainly be making this recipe again.
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon honey vinegar
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 lb. beef sirloin
- 1/2 lb red potatoes
- 6 small colored peppers
- 1/2 lb. button mushrooms
- bamboo or metal skewers
- Mix the oil, soy sauce, vinegar, garlic salt, parsley and thyme to make a marinade. Save half of the marinade for later, and then cube the beef and add to the other half of the marinade.
- If you are using bamboo skewers now would be a good time to start soaking them, since they need to soak for at least 30 minutes. Let the beef marinade in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
- Prepare the onions, mushrooms and peppers by cutting them to size. Cook the potatoes, either in the microwave or by boiling them.
- Thread the beef and vegetables alternately on the skewers in whatever pattern you like. Then brush the skewers with the reserved marinade.
- Grill on a pre-heated grill for about 12 minutes, turning twice. Let rest 5 minutes before serving.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 322Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 62mgSodium: 917mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 4gSugar: 6gProtein: 29g