With Labor Day fast approaching many people are planning outdoor parties for one last big blast before Fall officially arrives! This is a great time of year to go beyond the standard steaks and burgers and do something different on the grill, like a clam bake.
For a clam bake on the grill all you have to do is layer clams, corn and potatoes in a Reynolds Bakeware Pan topped with aluminum foil. Then at the end of the day there is no clean up, and the entire meal is in one easy to serve pan.
I like this meal because once you put it together you don’t have to do anything else – there is nothing to flip or brush with sauce, it just cooks until it is done. The key to making this meal easy is to use small potatoes, because they can take longer to cook than the clams or corn. I found a bag of Pee Wee potatoes at the store which were perfect, because they are so small. But you could use larger potatoes and either cut them into small pieces or cook them for 15 minutes before adding the clam and corn.
You could add spicy sausage or even lobster to your pan to make it even more special! Using the tiny potatoes everything cooked perfectly in about 35 minutes, even though it started raining while dinner cooked. We enjoyed sitting inside watching the rain eating our clam bake and dreaming of the beach!
- 1 large onion
- 1 bulb fennel
- 1/4 cup parsley
- 2 pounds small potatoes or potatoes chopped to 1/2 inch size
- 3 ears corn
- 50 Littleneck Clams
- 2 teaspoon old Bay seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the grill on high.
- Chop the onion, fennel and parsley.
- Put the chopped vegetables in a foil baking pan.
- Add the potatoes to the pan and then add water to just cover the potatoes.
- Shuck the corn and cut into quarters.
- Add the corn and clams to the pan and sprinkle with Old Bay and salt. Cover tightly with foil.
- Grill for 30 minutes until clams are completely open and potatoes and corn are cooked through.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 215 Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 813mg Carbohydrates: 44g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 4g Protein: 9g
Reynolds can make grilling and clean-up easy with their Bakeware Pans, Parchment Paper or Aluminum Foil. They want to encourage you to be creative as summer winds down, and throw a Grill Party for your friends or family using some of their great ideas.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.