This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhereFunBegins #CollectiveBias
With summer approaching my family and I are getting ready for lots of summer fun! We love enjoying the outdoors, whether we are out in a boat, canoeing or hiking in a forest. Luckily, there are many parks and outdoor areas near us so we can explore nature. This weekend we set out for some early summer fun at a local park, and to make our day more enjoyable, we took along some SunnyD in a handy duct tape carrier.
The big activity this weekend was finding frogs, toads and tadpoles – one of my kids’ favorite spring adventures. Frequently the frogs and toads are too fast for us, but once in a while weÂ are successful.
Of course stalking frogs can be thirsty work, so we always like to have drinks with us. Â We used to carry a backpack with drinks, but guess who always got stuck lugging it around – me! So now I make everyone carry their own beverages, which is why we made these bright and cheerful SunnyD drink holders. Â They are sized for the bottles, and can be carried over the shoulder or attached to a belt loop, so they are easy to take along for all your summer fun!
- Duct Tape
- Tape Measure
- The bottle holder is made by creating three strips of duct tape, 2 for the loops around the bottle and one for a shoulder or belt strap.
- To create a duct tape strip you simply lay a piece of duct tape on the table sticky side up. Â Fold about 1/3 of the strip over and press it down. Â Then fold the remaining side over so it overlaps, and no sticky part remains.
- I made a strip 16 inches long, and then cut it in half to make the two loops around the bottle.
- I wrapped the strips around the bottle, and used a small piece of duct tape toÂ make them into loops.
- Then I made a longer strip, about 20 inches long for a belt loop holder, and 48 inches long for a shoulder strap.
- I put this strap under the loops on the bottles, and used small pieces of duct tape to fasten them in place. For the belt loop holder I added another small loop to fit around a belt.
I made the carriers around the bottles to get the size right, but once they are done you can take the bottles out and reuse the carriers all summer!
We were able to buy a huge 24 pack of SunnyD at Sam’s Club, so we will have plenty of drinks for summer adventures.
The drinks were in the refrigerated section, and many Sam’s Clubs also have them featured on an end-cap display. Â Also SunnyD is on rollback and costs only $5.38, a great price for 24 drinks! You can learn more at WhereFunBegins.net.
Be sure to check out more fun in the sun with SunnyD at sunnyd.com. I’d love to hear your favorite!