One of the biggest obstacles to losing weight is that desserts are so tempting.Â When you see a delicious looking chocolate cake it is very hard to say no, or just have a small piece.Â Sugar substitutes have been around for years, but it is only recently that ones have been developed thatÂ really do look, taste, cook and bake like sugar.Â I recently tried out IdealÂ® No Calorie White Granulated Sweetener, which is a xylitol based product thatÂ maintains its sweetness in baking and cooking.Â Xylitol is a naturally occurring sugar alcohol that can be found in many fruits and vegetables and is even produced by the human body as part of the normal metabolism of glucose.Â So it is a natural product, not an artificial chemical.
To test it out I made one of the recipes from the Ideal website. I choose the recipe for Double Chocolate cookies, and in order to make it a fair test I didn’t tell anyone in the family that I was using anything different.Â The cookies were a huge hit.Â The texture was a little more cake like and less chewy than the chocoalte chip cookies I usually make, and my husband and daughter did comment on this fact.Â But I literally had to take the last of cookies away from the kids so I could take a picture before they all disappeared, so obviously they tasted great.
You can find great recipes using Ideal on their website, and to help you try this product out for yourself Ideal has offered to provide a pouch of the granulated sugar like I received to one of my readers.Â The giveaway information is after the cookie recipe.
- 2 c all-purpose flour
- Â½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1⅔ c IdealÂ® No Calorie Sweetener
- ⅓ c unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 Â¼ c light butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 c semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350Â° F.
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, IdealÂ®, and cocoa powder in a large bowl.
- In separate bowl, beat butter until it is light and fluffy; add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add dry mixture to wet mixture and stir until well combined.
- Fold chololate chips in by hand.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes.
Mandatory entry: Tell me a dessert you’d like to make with Ideal Sweetener.
If youâ€™d like more entries you can do any of the following optional entries. Leave a separate comment for each entry. Giveaway ends 6/17 at midnight EST. Open to US.Â The winner will have 48 hours to respond to my email and claim the prize.
- “Like” Ideal on Facebok and tell me your Facebook name
- Follow @Ideal_Sweetener on twitter and tell me your twitter id
- â€œLikeâ€ my blog on Facebook and tell me your Facebook name
- Follow me, @lunaj1456, on twitter and tell me your twitter id
- Follow me publically on Google Friend Connect/Blogger
- Tweet about the giveaway (can do up to 1x daily) and leave the link to your tweet in the comment. Make sure you link back to this page in the tweet.Â You can use this button to tweet or write your ownTweet
- Enter another one of my active giveaways, listed on right sidebar. (1 entry for each giveaway entered)
- Subscribe to my feed in a reader or by email (widgets are on the left hand side of the page)
Disclosure: I received a product for review, all opinions are my own.