This post contains affiliate links.
I love soup in the winter time, because it is the perfect comfort food. And what is better for this time of year than a soup recipe using leftover turkey, like this recipe for Turkey Corn Chowder, made in the Instant Pot.
I received my Instant Pot for Christmas a few years ago, and I love how easy it is to cook with it. Especially for foods like soup which used to require hours of simmering the pressure cooker makes it possible to have rich, tasty soup in less than an hour. One of my favorite things about the Instant Pot is that I can sautee ingredients right in it before using it a pressure cooker, which means less dishes to wash!
For this recipe I made a tasty potato chowder and then stirred the corn and turkey in at the end. I have found that prolonged cooking of smoked turkey removes a lot of smoked flavor, so I didn’t want to add it for the part where it is cooked under pressure. Of course the recipe would still be tasty even if your turkey wasn’t smoked! I also use coconut milk to make the stew creamy, which makes the meal Paleo friendly. But you could substitute 10 oz of half and half if desired.
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 cup chicken or turkey broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 cup leftover smoked turkey, cooked
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 2 Tablespoon chopped parsley
- Turn pressure cooker on and press the SAUTE button. Wait 2 minutes for the pot to heat up, and chop the bacon into pieces while you wait.
- Cook the bacon until crispy, and remove from the pot.
- Chop the garlic and onion to pot and then add to pot, cooking them in the bacon grease for 4 minutes.
- Turn the Instant Pot off.
- Add potatoes, chicken broth, salt and pepper. Close lid and seal.
- Set the pressure cooker to MANUAL and cook for 12 minutes.
- When the 12 minutes are up let the pressure release naturally for about 10 minutes.
- Quick release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Then stir in the coconut milk, turkey and corn. Stir, replace the lid and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Serve garnished with the bacon and chopped parsley.
- Serve chowder garnished with reserved bacon and chopped parsley.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 235 Saturated Fat: 10g Cholesterol: 25mg Sodium: 474mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 2g Protein: 10g