Kraft understands that everyone wants easy dinners this time of year and to help they have a range of products designed to make easy week night meals. I used one of the new Kraft Recipe Maker kits to make a quick and delicious dinner for my family, Layered Chicken and Black Bean Enchiladas.
I found the Kraft Recipe Makers Verde Chicken Enchilada Kit at Target, and was planning to make Chicken Enchiladas. Then I remembered that enchiladas can be fussy to make, because you have to roll everything up in the tortillas, and mine always fall apart! Maybe I don’t make them correctly, but I can never seem to get them to turn out neat. So I decided if everything was going to fall apart anyway I’d just layer the ingredients in a casserole dish, because that is less work.
I basically used the recipe on the back of the box, except I replaced a cup of the chicken with 1 cup of black beans and layered the ingredients instead of rolling them. I put the meal together in the afternoon and refrigerated it until it was time to bake it. I like meals that let me do all the prep ahead of time, when it is convenient for me. The Layered Enchiladas were very tasty, and make a perfect quick weeknight meal.
- 1 package Kraft Recipe Makers Verde Chicken Enchilada, contains one filling sauce and 2 bags of finishing sauce
- 3 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup black beans
- 9 corn tortilla
- 1 cup Kraft Mexican Style Family Shredded Four Cheese
- green onions
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Spray casserole pan with cooking spray.
- Combine chicken with Filling Sauce from Recipe Makers kit.
- Put 1/2 of one packet of Finishing sauce on bottom of casserole pan.
- Top with 3 tortillas.
- Top with 1/2 of the chicken mix and half of the beans.
- Add 3 more tortillas.
- Pour the remaining 1/2 packet of finishing sauce on top.
- Repeat layers as in steps 4-8 with remaining ingredients, ending with a layer of tortillas.
- Top with cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes, then let rest for 5 minutes before cutting.
- Garnish with green onions, cilantro and salsa.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 950Saturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 85mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 7gProtein: 29g
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Kraft. The opinions and text are all mine.