Here is a cute way to use Peeps to make pies for Easter. I made a standard lemon pie, but instead of topping it off with meringue I used a marshmallow Peep!
Of course you could also just use lemon pudding if you are in a hurry, but I think homemade is tastier!Â The recipe makes enough for 4 small pies.
Before I served the pies I broiled them for about 2 minutes to make the marshmallow start to melt.Â You have to be sure you don’t burn the Peeps, but 2 minutes seemed about right for making the Peeps a little brown, but still recognizable.Â The combination of lemon and marshmallow was delicious!
Lemon Peeps Pie
- refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 3 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 Tablespoon flour
- 1 1/2 cup water
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- Roll out the pie crust and cut into circles to fit in small tart pans.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes and let cool.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch and flour in a saucepan. Stir in the water.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mix thickens and boils. Then reduce the heat and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Mix the egg yolks with a fork. Add in 1 c. of the hot mixture and stir to mix. Then stir it back into the saucepan. Cook over low heat for 2 minutes.
- Take the saucepan off the burner and add the butter, lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir until the butter is melted.
- Pour into the baked pastry shell, top with a Peep and chill.
- Just before serving but the pie under the broiler for 2 minutes to make the Peep melty and browned.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 431Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 161mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 86gSugar: 75gProtein: 2g
What Easter desserts are you planning?
19 thoughts on “Lemon Peeps Pie”
That is too cute! I love Peeps. 🙂
Those are cute. To me, homemade is always better. (Unless my husband is taking me out to dinner!)
Those are so simple, but cute! Perfect for Easter dinner dessert. I have a couple of packages of Peeps we haven’t opened yet, I may just try this.
My husband loves lemon and I love peeps! Your recipe would make the perfect Easter dessert.
I’m so excited to see your project on Show-Licious Craft & Recipe Party! Thanks for linking up with us!
I love all these creative ways to use PEEPS for Easter. They’re such an integral part of the holiday.
I love lemon pie, and you can’t have Easter without PEEPS! This is such a cute idea! Stopping by from Sweet & Savoury Sunday!
I love your Lemon Peeps Pie, what a great idea and a wonderful pie! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday today, it is great to have you at the party. Hope you have a very special week and come back soon!
How clever to use peeps in place of meringue! And fun. My son loves peeps. He’s 12 and would not admit it, but he does.
Thank you for sharing at See Ya in the Gumbo this week.
I love lemon pie, these look lovely. Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again. Have a great weekend!!
Will this make enough for a regular 9″ pie?
My husband is obsessed with Peeps, so he’d love this!
This is such a cute idea. I need to try to make these this evening so that they are a nice surprise tomorrow morning for Easter!
This is amazing! I am obsessed with Peeps! You have the best Peep ideas of the season!