This post contains affiliate links.
Lately I’ve been making mostly mini-sized desserts – like these bite sized Lemon Tassies.
Small desserts are perfect for me, because I am trying to eat better and lose weight, but I can’t give up desserts completely! So small desserts let me have a little bit, but not too much. Bite sized desserts are also perfect for a party, and are a great way to let guests sample a variety of treats.Â These tarts have a pastry crust filled with a sweet homemade lemon curd.
The pastry is a rich cream cheese crust, which is baked before filling. I used a mini muffin pan to use as a mold for the tassies. Â My crust cracked as it baked, but it still tasted good! Â After the crust was baked and cooled I made a simple lemon curd recipe and filled the cups with the tangy filling.
I love lemon and lime desserts, and these are much easier to make than a full lemon meringue pie. This is the same crust I used to make Pecan Tassies, and it would be easy to make a double batch of dough and then make both Lemon Tassies and Pecan Tassies, for a more mini desserts.
- 3 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 c. flour
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- slivered almonds
- To make the dough combine the cream cheese, ½ c. butter and flour in a food processor and process until it forms a big clump.
- Roll the dough into 24 1" balls and refrigerate for an hour.
- Preheat the oven to 325 F.
- Bake shells for 20 minutes and cool completely.
- Mix all the filling ingredients in a saucepan and cook until thickened.
- Spoon into the baked cookie shells and refrigerate.
- Top with almonds and lemon zest.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 142 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 46mg Sodium: 72mg Carbohydrates: 16g Sugar: 8g Protein: 2g
What is your favorite bite sized dessert?