This is a great dinner, and the maple flavors goes perfectly with the sweet potatoes and chicken. My husband doesn’t even like sweet potatoes, and he had seconds of this dish. We prefer chicken thighs so that is what I used in this recipe, but I’m sure it would be good with chicken breasts also.
Maple Chicken and Sweet Potatoes Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes
- 1 pound chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut into small pieces. Place the sweet potatoes into a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer 20 minutes. Drain and allow to cool slightly.
- Sprinkle the chicken thighs with seasoning salt and brown in the oil in a skillet. Cook the thighs about 20 minutes, turning several times.
- Mash the sweet potatoes with a fork.
- After the chicken is cooked remove it from the skillet. Stir the maple syrup into the skillet. Bring to a boil, simmer for 2 minutes, and add the green onions.
- Put the mashed sweet potatoes in a serving bowl, top with the chicken, and pour the maple and onion sauce over.