This post contains affiliate links.
St. Patrick’s Day will be here soon, and what better way to celebrate than with a healthy green smoothie, like this Matcha Pear Green Smoothie.
I bought some Matcha Green Tea Powder a few months ago, because of its antioxidant properties. I am trying to eat more healthy foods, and I have heard lots of people raving about the advantages of green tea powder, so I figured why not give it a try? I am not a big fan of green tea, so after I bought it the powder just ended up sitting in my pantry until I decided to use it in this smoothie.
I have been making healthy smoothies for breakfast regularly, and adding a little bit of Matcha Green Tea Powder to a smoothie is a great way to add some extra nutrition without changing the taste much at all. I made my smoothie with 1/2 a banana, 1/2 a pear and some spinach, all blended together with almond milk.
I have been experimenting with using pears in my smoothies this winter. They add a little more subtle flavor than apples and are more affordable than berries during the winter.
I’m glad I finally tried the Matcha Tea Powder! I was worried it would make the smoothie taste like tea, but the fruit flavors were much stronger than the tea flavor. And the bright green color from the tea powder is perfect for St. Patrick’s Day!
Matcha Pear Green Smoothie
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/2 banana
- 1/2 pear
- 2 cup spinach
- 1 teaspoon Matcha Green Tea Powder
- 1 cup ice
- Combine all the ingredients in a blender and mix well.
For more St. Patrick’s Day and Irish ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Irish Dublin Coddle Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Green Shamrock Gummy Candy by This Mama Loves
- Enjoy a Simple Irish Meal featuring Shepherd’s Pie by Day by Day in Our World
- Irish Skeleton Key Necklace by The Socialite’s Closet
- Mint Shower Scrub Bridal Party Favor by A Bride on a Budget
- Skinny Shamrock Shake by Jen Around the World
- Shamrock Smoothie Creation by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Mint Chocolate Fluff by Mom on the Side
- Leprechaun Hat Cupcakes by Kids Fun Reviewed
- St. Patrick’s Day Wreath – Dollar Store DIY by MommaDJane
- Lucky Rustic Wall Hanging: A Paint Stick Craft by Food Fun Family
- Green Tea & Peppermint Sea Salt Foot Scrub by Sincerely Mindy
- Chocolate Avocado Cupcakes by How Was Your Day?
- DIY Shamrock Tree by Simply Southern Mom
- Easy St. Patrick’s Day Brownies by Mom Does it All
- No Bake Mini Mint Oreo Cheesecake by Sugar Spice and Family Life
- Mini Banofee Pie by Beyond Mommying
- Green Smoothies for St. Patrick’s Day by Family Focus Blog
- Leprechaun Bark by sweet lil you
- Good Luck Vintage Cab Ring by Style on Main
- Send Them Out the Door Ready for a Good Day by Beautiful Touches