When it comes to pasta my family are experts, because we eat it all the time. It is quick and relatively cheap, and my kids love it. My signature pasta dish is Pasta with Broccoli. I wish I could say it is my kids favorite, but it isn’t, as far as they are concerned the broccoli ruins perfectly good pasta. But I make it frequently anyway, since it is quick, easy and nutritious. And if you add enough parmesean cheese you can’t taste the broccoli much anyway.
- 1 lb Rotini pasta
- 2 bunches broccoli, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- parmesean cheese
- Boil the pasta. When it is about five minutes from being done add the chopped broccoli to the pot and let them finish cooking together.
- While the pasta is cooking heat the olive oil in a small skillet and add the minced garlic. Stir for 2 minutes, then add the red pepper and salt.
- When the pasta and broccoli are done cooking drain them, then return them to the pot and add the olive oil and garlic mixture.
- Serve with lots of parmasean cheese.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 653Saturated Fat: 2gSodium: 693mgCarbohydrates: 105gFiber: 11gSugar: 8gProtein: 23g