Today is National Guacamole Day! I love avocados and guacamole, they are amazingly delicious. With football season started it is a great time to serve guacamole and chips as a half time snack, or serve tacos and burritos as an easy meal. One of my favorite ways to have guacamole is with eggs and cheese, so I made a Guacamole Cheese Omelet for breakfast today, and have included the recipe below.
- 2 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 oz. low fat cheese, shredded
- 2 Tablespoon guacamole
- 2 Tablespoon salsa
- Heat omelet pan over low heat and spray with cooking spray. Whisk eggs and salt together.
- Pour eggs in pan and cook for 3 minutes, until eggs start to set.
- Sprinkle cheese on omelet and cook 2 more minutes. Then spread guacamole on 1/2 of the omelet and carefully flip other half of omelet on top of guacamole half. Cook one more minute.
- Top with salsa and serve.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 233 Saturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 333mg Sodium: 816mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 1g Protein: 19g
Disclosure: I will be receiving coupons as compensation for this post.