Celebrate National Spaghetti day with this tasty recipe for Bolognese sauce!
This post contains affiliate links. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is my favorite spaghetti sauce recipe. My children love spaghetti, it is their favorite type of pasta.
Sometimes I will tell them we are having spaghetti for dinner and then serve up a different shape of pasta, like shells, and I hear lots of complaints. When I say spaghetti they want spaghetti, not just pasta!
This recipe is basically a standard Bolognese sauce made with sausage instead of ground beef. The sausage and the wine give a the sauce a nice rich taste.
We like it with spicy sausage, but you could always use sweet if you don’t like your pasta a little spicy. I always make a big pot and freeze it for 3 or 4 meals.
Find More Pasta Recipes
- 1 1/2 lb Spicy Italian Sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, grated
- 2 Tablespoon oregano
- 2 Tablespoon basil
- salt and pepper
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small can tomato paste
- 1 cup red wine
- 2 cans 28 Ounce crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup milk
- Cook the sausage in a large pan until browned. Drain the sausage leaving only a little grease in the pan to cook the onions and carrots.
- Add the onions and carrots and saute for 5 minutes.
- Add the spices, garlic, and tomato paste and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the wine, tomatoes and milk and let simmer for 1 1/2 - 2 hours.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 706Saturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 128mgSodium: 1408mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 6gSugar: 15gProtein: 32g