This post contains affiliate links.
A few weeks ago my husband and I were out for dinner, and the restaurant had Oreo Cheesecake on the menu. We were too full for dessert, but I decided I had to make Oreo Cheesecake for the family. Since it has been so hot I didn’t want to run the oven, and decided to create No Bake Oreo Cheesecake Cups for the family to enjoy.
I added cherries because that is the fruit in season around here right now, although I am sure it would be just as good with raspberries or strawberries. I wasn’t sure how many Oreos I’d need for the crust, but my kids and husband found the cookies and ate about half the package, which luckily left me with just about the right amount.
I made the cheesecakes in little glass canning jars of various sizes. I like using these jars since I have an entire cupboard full of them from when I used to can. Plus it is easier to fit them into corners of our always too full refrigerator when they are in individual jars.
- 18 Oreo cookies
- 24 cherries
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese
- 3 Tablespoon sugar, divided
- 1 cup heavy cream, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Put the Oreos in a food processor and make them into crumbs.
- De-stem, wash and pit the cherries, and slice into quarters.
- To make the cheesecake batter combine the cream cheese and 2 T. of the sugar in a mixer and beat until smooth.
- Add 2/3 c. of heavy cream to the cream cheese mixture, and beat until stiff and thick. Mix in the lemon juice.
- Transfer the cheesecake batter to another bowl and wash the mixer.
- Whip the remaining 1/3 c. of heavy cream with the remaining 1 T of sugar, and beat until soft peaks form.
- Add a layer of cookie crumbs to the bottom of a glass jar. Top with a layer of cheesecake, and then alternate layers of cookie crumbs and cheesecake until you are about 1/2 inch from the top of the jar.
- Finish with one last layer of crumbs, a layer of cherries and a layer of whipped cream.
- Top with a cherry or a mini-oreo. Or both!
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 371 Saturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 75mg Sodium: 237mg Carbohydrates: 29g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 19g Protein: 4g