Want a sweet treat fast? This Nutella Mug Cake is full of gooey, rich chocolate goodness. It is a 10-minute dessert recipe made with 5 simple ingredients you probably already have in your pantry!
You will not be able to resist the creamy, dreamy nutella flavor in every bite. It is the perfect dessert when you want a quick fix for your sweet tooth.
I love to make mug cakes because they are easy single-portion cakes. And I don’t need to get out the mixer, grease baking pans, or heat up the oven. You can make this decadent chocolate cake in your microwave.
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
- Cocoa powder
- Baking powder
🥣How to Make Nutella Mug Cake
- Mix – Put the milk in a microwave-safe mug. Add flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder and stir. Mix until the dry ingredients are combined without lumps.
- Add Nutella – Add the nutella to the mug. Stir to thoroughly mix the nutella into the chocolate cake batter.
- Microwave – Microwave for 90 seconds. The dessert is done when it is not wet on top and springs back when touched. If it isn’t done, microwave it in 5-10 second intervals until it is done.
- Cool – Let the nutella mug cake cool for a couple minutes before serving.
Nutella mug cake is a rich and indulgent gooey chocolate cake that is delicious all by itself. But if you want to make it even better, here are my family’s favorite toppings.
- Add whipped cream along with fresh raspberries or strawberries.
- Serve it with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and a spoonful of extra nutella.
- Put chocolate chips or chopped nuts on top for extra texture.
No matter how you serve this delicious mug cake, it will taste best soon after making while it is still warm.
🍫Extra Chocolate-y Mug Cake
Nutella is a chocolate hazelnut spread that is made from cocoa powder and hazelnuts. I still like including extra cocoa powder in this recipe to give it a rich chocolate cake flavor.
But you can remove the cocoa powder and substitute another tablespoon of flour if you prefer. This will give it more nutty hazelnut flavor.
⭐Nutella Mug Cake Tips
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- You want to avoid lumpy batter. But you also don’t want to over-mix it. Mix it just enough to make the batter smooth.
- Microwave ovens vary in how they cook. Cook the cake until it is no longer wet on top, but don’t overcook it.
- Use a large mug, preferably 10-12 ounces, because the batter will expand as it cooks.
- Put a plate or paper towel under the cup in the microwave, so it is easier to clean up if it overflows.
No, you can’t make mug cakes ahead of time. They don’t keep well, and one of their significant advantages is how quick they are to make.
The most common reason for it not rising is overmixing. Nutella is thick and can be difficult to stir into the batter. Stir it just enough to mix into the batter.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Nutella Mug Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 cup Nutella
- Combine the milk, flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder in a microwave-safe mug. Stir until smooth.1/4 cup milk, 3 tablespoons flour, 1 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- Add the nutella. Stir until it is mixed in.1/4 cup Nutella
- Microwave for 90 seconds until the top is no longer wet but springs back to the touch.
- Let it cool for a couple of minutes before enjoying it.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.