Mother’s Day will be here soon, and of course finding the perfect gift for your Mom is important! I think homemade gifts are special, especially for Moms and Dads. This flowery picture frame is decorated with pasta for a cute and personal Mother’s Day Floral Frame.
I made this easy gift by decorating a plain wooden picture frame with pasta from my pantry. I used shells, elbows and ditalini to make a floral design, and then spelled out a special message with alphabet pasta. The result is a cute floral design that was easy and inexpensive.
I mounted a heart design cut out by my Silhouette machine on cardstock and put it in the frame. Of course you could also put a nice picture in the frame for your mother. Here are the simple directions for this projects.
- 1 unpainted wooden picture frame
- Acrylic paint in desired colors, I used two shades of pink, purple, green and silver.
- Alphabet pasta, shells, elbows, and ditalini
- Tacky glue
- Glitter paint
- Paint the frame the desired base color and let dry.
- Arrange the pasta to form flowers, using the ditalini as the flower center, with petals made out of shells.
- Decide what phrase you want to spell out and find the alphabet pasta to make the words.
- Once you have all the pasta selected and tentatively arranged paint it the desired color. I placed the pasta on a piece of scrap paper and used the paint brush to dab the color on. It was a little messy, but it worked.
- After the pasta has dried arrange it on the frame again, and then pick up one piece at a time, brush some glue on with a paint brush, and put it in place.
- After the glue has dried, add some transparent glitter paint to the pasta to make it sparkle.
- Pick a picture to put inside the frame.