This time of year there is always an abundance of zucchini, and this is one of my favorite ways to cook it. If you want to make it vegetarian it is easy to leave out the bacon and saute the zucchini in olive oil instead. I wouldn’t say the kids love this meal, but they eat it, after adding lots of extra parmesan cheese to hide the zucchini flavor.
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 large zucchini
- 8 oz rotini pasta
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- Fry the bacon. Remove it to a plate and drain most of the bacon grease.
- Cook the rotini to desired firmness.
- In same pan as the bacon was cooked in saute the zucchini for 8 minutes. Then add the garlic, crushed red pepper and salt and cook for 2 minutes.
- Beat the egg, then combine the rotini, zucchini mix, and egg and stir for a minute.
- Mix in the parmesan cheese and bacon.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 380 Saturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 63mg Sodium: 954mg Carbohydrates: 45g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 2g Protein: 16g