This no bake peanut butter pie only takes a few minutes to whip up! Its cool and creamy texture makes it the perfect dessert for hot summer days and it has only 6 ingredients.
This decadent dessert is peanut buttery, creamy, and chocolatey for an unbeatable flavor combination. Satisfy your peanut butter cravings and impress your family with this delicious dessert!
If you have a sweet tooth like me, you’ll love this no bake pie recipe with simple ingredients. I use Oreos to make a cookie crust for this chocolate peanut butter pie, but you can make this recipe even easier by using a premade crust.
Looking for more easy no bake desserts? Check out my frozen lemonade pie or chocolate peanut butter lasagna!
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
Peanut Butter Filling
Peanut Butter – Use creamy for a smooth and creamy pie filling. Natural peanut butter will separate and will not work well in this pie.
Cream Cheese – The cream cheese should be softened to blend easily. Get it out of the refrigerator a few hours before making the pie and let it sit at room temperature.
Powdered Sugar – The confectioners sugar sweetens the pie.
Whipped Topping – This lightens the filling and makes it smooth and creamy.
Oreo Cookie Crust
I include directions for making a homemade cookie crust using Oreos and butter. But you can also use a store-bought crust. I prefer to use a chocolate crust instead of a graham cracker crust for this pie so that it is a chocolate peanut butter pie.
How to Make a No Bake Peanut Butter Pie
1. Make the Crust
Put the cookies in a food processor. Pulse them until they are finely crumbled. Then add the melted butter and pulse until combined.
Press the cookie crumbs into a pie dish.
2. Make the Filling
Combine the cream cheese and peanut butter in a bowl. Use an electric mixer to combine everything together until smooth. Then add the powdered sugar and mix well.
Use a spatula to gently stir the whipped topping into the filling mixture. Don’t use a mixer and stir it until it is just combined.
Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and spread it out evenly.
Put the pie in the freezer so that the filling can set. Freeze it for about 2 hours before serving. After that, you can store it in the refrigerator or freezer.
Peanut Butter Pie Toppings
There are lots of delicious ways to top off this pie! I sprinkled this one with cookie crumbs, along with some whipped cream of course. Here are some of my additional favorite toppings:
- Oreo cookie crumbs
- Chocolate chips
- Peanut butter chips
- Chocolate curls
- Hot fudge sauce
- Peanut butter cups or other candy
- Drizzled chocolate sauce
- Mini Oreo cookies
- Caramel sauce
- Chocolate ganache
How to Serve
This pie is easier to slice if it is not completely frozen. So if you are keeping it in the freezer, let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before cutting.
I prefer not to add my toppings until I am serving the pie. In addition, the pie will cut more cleanly if you clean the knife in between slices.
How to Store
You can store this in the refrigerator for 2-3 days or in the freezer for 2 months. The texture of the pie will be slightly different depending on where you store it, so it is a matter of personal preference. Either way, make sure it is covered tightly or in an airtight container.
Yes, this pie freezes quite well. Just make sure you store it in an airtight container. Let it sit at room temperature for a few minutes before slicing, or let it thaw overnight in the refrigerator.
Use a basic creamy peanut butter like Jif or Peter Pan.
The pie will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator.
Tips for Perfect Peanut Butter Pie
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
Don’t try to make this with natural peanut butter. It will separate.
Soften the cream cheese to room temperature before starting.
Mix in the whipped topping by hand, not with an electric mixer.
Don’t skip the freezing step.
Clean your knife in between cuts for the best-looking slices.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe
- 25 oreo cookies
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 ounces cream cheese (1 package) softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping (1 tub) thawed
- Whipped cream
- chocolate chips
- In a food processor, pulse the cookies until they are fine crumbs.25 oreo cookies
- Add the melted butter and pulse just until it comes together.4 tablespoons butter
- Press the cookie crumbs into a 9 inch pie pan.
- Put the cream cheese and peanut butter in a medium bowl. Use an electric mixer and combine them until blended.8 ounces cream cheese (1 package), 1 cup peanut butter
- Next, whip in the powdered sugar.1 cup powdered sugar
- Then use a spatula to blend in the whipped topping by hand. Don’t use a mixer and just mix until everything combines.8 ounces whipped topping (1 tub)
- Pour the filling into the pie crust and spread it out evenly.
- Place the pie into the freezer for 2 hours until set.
- Top with whipped cream, Oreo cookies and chocolate chips.Whipped cream, chocolate chips, cookies
- Store leftovers in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for up to 2 months.
- You can use a pre-made chocolate cookie crust.
- Top with whipped cream, candy, cookies, or chocolate chips.
- Don’t try to make this with natural peanut butter.
- Clean your knife in between cuts for the best-looking slices.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
1 thought on “Easy No Bake Peanut Butter Pie Recipe”
Wonderful recipe, thank you so much for sharing! The recipe is really easy, I made this delicious peanut butter pie without much difficulty, and most importantly very quickly. I work at a writing company and we have had very busy days lately, we get a lot of requests because any student can ask help with my paper for https://writemypapers4me.net/ and so we are very busy. I took this cake to work and shared it with colleagues all were delighted. We took a little break from work, sat down as if at home, and had tea with your delicious pie. Thanks again for the recipe.