This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFun #CollectiveBias
Fall is the perfect time to try out some new recipe using favorite flavors, like this Pecan Cookie Pie.
This pie is like a big chewy cookie, filled with M&M’s® Pecan Pie and pecans for a delicious seasonal dessert. To make the pie nice and moist I used Mott’s® Apple Sauce instead of butter in the recipe, which makes for a soft and sweet cookie pie with tasty M&M’s® sprinkled throughout.Find more recipe ideas and enter the MARS Bake in the Fun Sweepstakes at the end of the post!
The Pecan Cookie Pie is quick and easy to make too. First I got some of the new M&M’s® Pecan Pie flavor candy at Walmart, and then chopped up some pecans to add to the flavor.
I combined Mott’s® Apple Sauce with sugar, an egg and flour, and mixed it all together. Then I added in the chopped pecans and some of the M&M’s® and mixed it all up.
I poured the batter into a pie pan. Then to make it extra tasty and pretty I stuck a bunch more M&M’s® on top of the batter, and baked it for half an hour.
After it cooled I frosted the edges with Pillsbury Creamy Supreme® Cream Cheese Icing for a delicious finish to the Pecan Cookie Pie.
Get the complete recipe here!
Pecan Cookie Pie
- 1/2 cup Apple Sauce
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/3 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup M&M's Pecan Pie
- 1/2 cup Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the apple sauce, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the salt and flour and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped pecans and 1/2 c. of the M&M's.
- Pour the batter into a pie pan coated with cooking spray.
- Push the rest of the M&M's into the top of the batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick put in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the pie, and then put the frosting into a pastry bag with a decorative tip and pipe around the edges.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 289Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 47gFiber: 1gSugar: 34gProtein: 3g
While I was at Walmart I also picked up some Snapple® Apple, a great fall flavor that goes well with the Pecan Cookie Pie!
Be sure to check out other great MARS Harvest recipe ideas. I’d love to hear about your favorites!
6 thoughts on “Pecan Cookie Pie”
Yum, that looks delicious!
That cookie pie looks delicious! (client)
Wow I haven’t seen those in stores yet… I will be on the lookout!
Looks yummy! Pinned!
Found you on Merry Mondays blog hop!
Wow I have never seen Pecan Pie M&M’s! Interesting flavor! Thanks for linking up to Merry Monday! Sharing on our MM Pinterest Board ! Have a great week!
What the what? Pecan Pie M&Ms?! Featuring this deliciousness when my party opens up tonight!
I will have to look for those candies! Very cool. Thanks for the recipe!