This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BakeInTheFunÂ #CollectiveBias
Fall is the perfect time to try out some new recipe using favorite flavors, like this Pecan Cookie Pie.
This pie is like a big chewy cookie, filled withÂ M&M’sÂ® Pecan Pie and pecans for a delicious seasonal dessert. Â To make the pie nice and moist I usedÂ Mott’sÂ® Apple Sauce instead of butter in the recipe, which makes for a soft and sweet cookie pie with tastyÂ M&M’sÂ® sprinkled throughout.Find more recipe ideas and enter the MARS Bake in the Fun Sweepstakes at the end of the post!
The Pecan Cookie Pie is quick and easy to make too. First I got some of the newÂ M&M’sÂ® Pecan Pie flavor candy at Walmart, and then chopped up some pecans to add to the flavor.
I combinedÂ Mott’sÂ® Apple Sauce with sugar, an egg and flour, and mixed it all together. Â Then I added in the chopped pecans and some of theÂ M&M’sÂ® and mixed it all up.
I poured the batter into a pie pan. Then to make it extra tasty and pretty I stuck a bunch moreÂ M&M’sÂ® on top of the batter, and baked it for half an hour.
After it cooled I frosted the edges withÂ Pillsburyâ„¢ Creamy SupremeÂ® Cream Cheese Icing for a delicious finish to the Pecan Cookie Pie.
Get the complete recipe here!
- ½ c. Mott'sÂ® Apple Sauce
- 1 egg
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1⅓ c. flour
- ¼ t. salt
- ½ c. pecans, chopped
- 1 c. M&M'sÂ® Pecan Pie
- ½ c. Pillsburyâ„¢ Supreme CreamyÂ® Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the apple sauce, eggs, sugar and vanilla in a bowl and mix well.
- Add the salt and flour and mix until just combined.
- Stir in the chopped pecans and ½ c. of the M&M'sÂ®.
- Pour the batter into a pie pan coated with cooking spray.
- Push the rest of the M&M'sÂ® into the top of the batter.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, until a toothpick put in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the pie, and then put the frosting into a pastry bag with a decorative tip and pipe around the edges.
I found all the ingredients at Walmart, where it was easy to find them in seasonal displays throughout the store.
While I was at Walmart I also picked up someÂ SnappleÂ® Apple, a great fall flavor that goes well with the Pecan Cookie Pie!
Enter the MARS #BakeIntheFun Sweepstakes below for a chance to win fabulous prizes!
Be sure to check out other great MARS Harvest recipe ideas. I’d love to hear about your favorites!