Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops are easy to make with Peeps and make a fun Easter treat.
This post contains affiliate links.
These Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops are fun and easy to make. Using bunny Peeps makes them a cute Easter recipe.
Making Easter Recipes with Peeps
To make the Peepsicles I pushed the bunny Peeps on a paper straw.
Then I melted chocolate chips and dipped the Peeps into the chocolate and coated them all over with gooey chocolate.
While the chocolate was still melted I sprinkled the chocolate covered Peeps with colored sprinkles, nuts or coconut.
Then I put them in the freezer for about half an hour to freeze them.
You Can Freeze Marshmallows?
Freezing the Chocolate Covered Marshmallow Pops doesn’t just solidify the chocolate, it also actually makes them taste better. The frozen Peeps melt in your mouth and give a nice sweet blast of flavor. Marshmallow Peeps are made mostly of sugar, which is a preservative, so freezing them doesn’t harm the flavor at all. Marshmallows can be frozen for about three months with no real loss of flavor. Of course I doubt these Peep Pops will last that long!
Tomnk 225PCS Stripe Paper Straw Drinking for Carious Drinking Decorations Parties Birthday Parties Weddings etc. with all the color of the rainbowMarshmallow Peeps Pink, Purple, and Yellow Easter Bunnies 8 ct (Pack of 3)Wilton Jimmies 6 Mix Sprinkle Assortment
My son liked the Marshmallow Pops with sprinkles the best, while my daughter is a coconut fan. Of course I liked them all, and having a colorful assortment is perfect for these spring treats.
- Put a straw inside the Bunny Peep. Push it all the way to in so the Peep doesn't fall off.
- Melt the chocolate chips in the microwave for one minute. Stir and then continue microwave in 20 second intervals until the chocolate is smooth.
- Dip the Peep in the chocolate until it is covered. Use a spoon the get excess chocolate off the Peep and let it drip back into the bowl.
- Sprinkle the Peep with the desire topping and place on waxed paper.
- Freeze for half an hour to an hour and enjoy.
More Easter Peeps Recipes and Crafts