I love the Peppermint Kisses candies. They look so cute and you can really taste the candy cane flavor. So this year instead of making cookies with chocolate Kisses I wanted to use the Peppermint Kisses in a cookie. I kept it very simple and just put them on top of sugar cookies as they came out of the oven. The resulting cookie was delicious and super easy to make. If you aren’t into baking you could use refrigerated dough and end up with a very easy dessert to take for a party or cookie exchange.
I used a basic Sugar Cookie recipe from the King Arthur Baking Cookbook, with a few modifications.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup buttermilk or sour milk
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Peppermint Kisses
- Preheat oven to 350. Mix together the butter and sugar till smooth. Add the buttermilk or sour milk and vanilla and mix well.
- Add in the nutmeg, flour, baking soda and salt and mix until well combined.
- Form the dough into balls and put on a greased baking sheet. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking unwrap the Kisses. Press them into the cookies when they come out of the oven, before taking them off the tray. Then cool them on wire racks.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 83mgCarbohydrates: 13gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g