This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
I have eggs for breakfast most mornings, and a Frittata is one of my favorite ways to make them. It is so easy to combine veggies and meat in new ways and come up with fun variations, like this pizza inspired Pepperoni and Tomato Frittata, made with Hormel Pepperoni.
Frittatas have many of the same ingredients as omelets, but they are much easier to make. You don’t have to worry about flipping them, and it is all done at once so I don’t feel like a short order cook like I do when I make omelets for the family! The key to making a good Frittata is to start them on the stove top, but finish them in the oven, so the eggs cook evenly and Frittata puffs up.
I used all the toppings I’d include on a pizza in this Pepperoni and Tomato Frittata – pepperoni, green peppers, onions, mushrooms and tomatoes. First I chopped up the onions, mushrooms and green peppers and sauteed them in a little bit of olive oil in an oven proof frying pan.
While they cooked I preheated the oven to 400 and then mixed together 10 eggs with some Italian seasoning, mozzarella and Parmesan cheese. After all an pizza inspired Frittata needs cheese! When the veggies were cooked I poured the egg mixture into the pan, shaking it to spread evenly.
Then I placed pepperoni and sliced cherry tomatoes on top of the eggs. They float on top of the eggs, which makes it prettier than if you stirred them in! It adds just the right amount of flavor to the eggs, which can be kind of bland without something to make them more exciting.
After a minute or two when the eggs start to set around the edges of the skillet I popped it in the oven and cooked it for about 12 minutes. You can tell it is done when the middle looks set and the entire frittata is puffed up.Â This makes enough to serve 4 people, unless you are feeding a teenage boy, like my son. He finished off half of the Frittata all by himself!
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 10 eggs
- salt & pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup Pepperoni
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, sliced
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Heat the olive oil in an oven proof skillet, and add the onions, peppers and mushrooms.
- While the vegetables cook mix the eggs, salt, pepper, Italian seasoning and cheese in a bowl. Combine well.
- After 10 minutes pour the egg mixture into the skillet, and shake it to distribute everything evenly.
- Lay the pepperoni and sliced tomatoes on top of the eggs.
- After about 2 minutes when the eggs start to set on the side of the pan put the skillet into the oven.
- Cook for 12-15 minutes until the center is set and Frittata is puffy.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300 Saturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 422mg Sodium: 356mg Carbohydrates: 5g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 2g Protein: 19g