I am a member of the Collective Bias® Social Fabric® Community. This shop has been compensated as part of a social shopper insights study for Collective Bias and their client.
I like quick dinner recipes, because while I enjoy cooking many times I just don’t have the time to make a complicated meal. Lately it seems like I never have more than 30 minutes to make dinner, because we are so busy. So I was excited to try the new Saute Express® Saute© Starter because it is all about making dinner prep easier!
The idea behind this new product is that Land O Lakes has done a lot of prep work already, and combines butter, oil, herbs and seasonings into a convenient block, that can be easily melted and used to saute chicken, pork or fish. So instead of mincing garlic and trying to find 5 different spices in the pantry I can just throw a square in the pan to melt, and then saute my meat.
The already included spices and herbs add flavor without any effort on my part, which sounds good to me! The product comes in five flavors and is available at Walmart:
- Garlic & Herb
- Italian Herb
- Savory Butter & Olive Oil
- Lemon Pepper
I decided to use the Italian Herb flavor for an easy chicken recipe. To add a little twist to the basic chicken recipe I made a Tomato Rosemary pan sauce for the chicken, which went perfectly with the Italian Herb flavor, and only added 5 minutes to meal preparation. Topping of the meat with a sauce makes it seem like a much fancier dinner! But it is still very simple, because the sauce only uses 3 ingredients, white wine, tomatoes and a sprig of rosemary.
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 1/4 cup flour
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 Tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup white wine, or water
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh rosemary
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat for 5 minutes. Melt the butter in the pan.
- Put the flour along with salt and pepper to taste on a plate, and dip the chicken fillets in the flour to lightly coat.
- Add the chicken fillets to the pan and cook, turning once about halfway through the cooking time. The cooking time will vary depending on how thick your fillets are. I sliced mine thin, so the total time was about 15 minutes.
- When the chicken is done remove it to a plate and keep it warm. Then add the wine, tomatoes and rosemary all at once to the skillet. Boil about 5 minutes until liquid is reduced. Then spoon the Tomato Rosemary sauce over the chicken and serve.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 236Saturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 87mgSodium: 186mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 25g