Summer is the perfect time for salads! They made a tasty main dish, and best of all they are easy to make ahead and have waiting after a busy day. This Raspberry Shrimp Salad is a simple and cool supper for summer.
I made a simple vinagrette dressing for this using Raspberries, oil and vinegar, but you could make the recipe even simpler by purchasing a Raspberry Dressing. But even with making your own dressing this can be on the table (or in the refrigerator) in less than 15 minutes.
- 1/2 lb shrimp
- 4 cup salad greens
- 1 mango
- 1 avocado
- 1/4 cup red onion
- 6 oz raspberries
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon mustard powder
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 Tablespoon water
- Heat a small frying pan and cook the shrimp for 2 minutes on each side until pink.
- While the shrimp cooks chop the mango, avocado and onion.
- Take the shrimp off the heat and put aside.
- Combine 1/3 c. raspberries with the vinegar, mustard, olive oil and water in a blender and puree.
- Top the salad greens with the mango, avocado, onion and shrimp. Drizzle the dressing over top and serve.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 290Saturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 142mgSodium: 457mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 6gSugar: 8gProtein: 14g