I like this recipe because it is very easy to make, and colorful. It tastes good too, but meals are always more appealing when they look pretty. Another variation I’ve made with this recipe is to use shrimp instead of sausage. It is much healthier made that way, but more expensive to make. If you are using shrimp add it in step 3, so it doesn’t get overcooked.
- 1 lb potatoes diced
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- 8 oz. spicy Italian sausage, cooked and drained
- 1 lb. green beans, trimmed
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 oz. wine, or water
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 pinch crushed red pepper flakes, optional, depending on how spicy your sausage is
- 1/4 cup parsley, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400. Mix potatoes with oil, salt and pepper in a roasting pan and toss. Bake 15 minutes. If the sausage isn't pre-cooked cook and drain it now.
- Add sausage, green beans and garlic and roast 10 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients except parsley and roast 10 more minutes.
- Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 379Saturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 40mgSodium: 384mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 7gSugar: 6gProtein: 14g