This post contains affiliate links.
These tasty Rocky Road Cookies are tasty chocolate cookies with chocolate chips, almonds, walnuts and marshmallows!
Rocky Road is a popular ice cream flavor, so it only makes sense it would make a delicious cookie too. This recipe is just a standard chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe with the addition of almonds and marshmallows.
I was going to use all almonds in the cookies, but I didn’t have enough in the pantry, so I used half almonds and half walnuts, which worked well. To add the marshmallows I pulled the cookies out of the oven 1 minute before they were done and put some marshmallows on top. Then I popped them back in for a minute, to melt the marshmallows into the cookies.
Rocky Road Cookies
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffly, then add the vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop the cookies by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Take the trays out of the oven and add 4-5 mini marshmallows to each cookie. Put the tray back in the oven for 1 minute.
- Cool on wire racks.
- Banana Pudding Bars from Study at Home Mama
- Cherry and Chocolate Chip Scones from Spiceroots
- Chocolate Andes Mint Chip Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Stout and Pretzel Cookies from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Flourless Dark Chocolate Espresso Oatmeal Cookies from Rhubarb and Honey
- Gourmet Iced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hazelnut Espresso Cookies from 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Lemon Bits Oatmeal Cookies from Our Good Life
- Nibbed Caramel Blondies from What Smells So Good?
- Nutty Bits Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies from Noshing With The Nolands
- Rocky Road Cookies from Upstate Ramblings
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Strawberry n White Choc Chunk Blondies from Baking in Pyjamas
- Trail Mix Cookies from Holly at A Baker’s House
- Uncle Hector’s 100 Cookies from Food Lust People Love