This post contains affiliate links.
These tasty Rocky Road Cookies are tasty chocolate cookies with chocolate chips, almonds, walnuts and marshmallows!
Rocky Road is a popular ice cream flavor, so it only makes sense it would make a delicious cookie too. This recipe is just a standard chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe with the addition of almonds and marshmallows.
I was going to use all almonds in the cookies, but I didn’t have enough in the pantry, so I used half almonds and half walnuts, which worked well. To add the marshmallows I pulled the cookies out of the oven 1 minute before they were done and put some marshmallows on top. Then I popped them back in for a minute, to melt the marshmallows into the cookies.
Preheat the oven to 375 F.
Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffly, then add the vanilla and eggs and mix well.
Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop the cookies by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes.
Take the trays out of the oven and add 4-5 mini marshmallows to each cookie. Put the tray back in the oven for 1 minute.
Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
- Banana Pudding Bars from Study at Home Mama
- Cherry and Chocolate Chip Scones from Spiceroots
- Chocolate Andes Mint Chip Cookies from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Chocolate Stout and Pretzel Cookies from Cookie Dough and Oven Mitt
- Flourless Dark Chocolate Espresso Oatmeal Cookies from Rhubarb and Honey
- Gourmet Iced Oatmeal Raisin Cookies from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Hazelnut Espresso Cookies from 2 Cookin’ Mamas
- Lemon Bits Oatmeal Cookies from Our Good Life
- Nibbed Caramel Blondies from What Smells So Good?
- Nutty Bits Cookies from Basic N Delicious
- Peanut Butter Chunk Cookies from Noshing With The Nolands
- Rocky Road Cookies from Upstate Ramblings
- Sour Cream Chocolate Chip Cookies from Magnolia Days
- Strawberry n White Choc Chunk Blondies from Baking in Pyjamas
- Trail Mix Cookies from Holly at A Baker’s House
- Uncle Hector’s 100 Cookies from Food Lust People Love