This post contains affiliate links.
These tasty Rocky Road Cookies are tasty chocolate cookies with chocolate chips, almonds, walnuts and marshmallows!
Rocky Road is a popular ice cream flavor, so it only makes sense it would make a delicious cookie too. This recipe is just a standard chocolate chocolate chip cookie recipe with the addition of almonds and marshmallows.
I was going to use all almonds in the cookies, but I didn’t have enough in the pantry, so I used half almonds and half walnuts, which worked well. To add the marshmallows I pulled the cookies out of the oven 1 minute before they were done and put some marshmallows on top. Then I popped them back in for a minute, to melt the marshmallows into the cookies.
- 2 cup flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup almonds, chopped
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 cup mini marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Mix the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt in a small bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugars together until fluffly, then add the vanilla and eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
- Drop the cookies by spoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 8 minutes.
- Take the trays out of the oven and add 4-5 mini marshmallows to each cookie. Put the tray back in the oven for 1 minute.
- Cool on wire racks.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 200Saturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 148mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
These cookies were delicious, especially warm out of the oven with the chocolate and marshmallow melting together!
Cookies Make the Perfect Gift
I love to share homemade cookies with my friends and family! Food is a great way to bring people together during the holiday season, either in person or from a distance.
Why not bake some cookies this year and put together a cookie gift box for your friends? Here are some cookie recipe ideas for gift giving!