I enjoy cooking, my children’s schedule this year is making it harder for me to find the time to make complicated meals. Between dance and basketball it seems like there is usually something going on at dinner time that requires me to drive someone somewhere. So quick simple meals are a necessity for me right now. This sausage and broccoli recipe took less than 30 minutes to make, and it was delicious. I was surprised at how good it tasted, but the combination of the broccoli with the spicy sausage really worked. I will be making it again, and if you are looking for something quick give it a try!
- 1 lb spicy pork sausage
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 can cream of celery soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 cup broccoli, chopped
- 16 oz pasta
- parmesan cheese
- Brown the sausage in a large skillet over medium heat.
- While the sausage is browning bring the pasta water to a boil and cook the pasta. I used nuggets, but any shape would work well.
- When the sausage is no longer pink pour off as much fat as possible. Then add the onion and garlic and continue to cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the can of soup, milk, broccoli and mix well. Cover and cook for about 7 minutes.
- Serve over pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 882 Saturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 93mg Sodium: 1165mg Carbohydrates: 100g Fiber: 6g Sugar: 8g Protein: 36g