Breakfast sausage patties are a favorite breakfast food but can be pretty greasy and unhealthy. For a better alternative that is still packed with flavor, cook your sausage patties in the air fryer!
When using an air fryer, you don’t have to add any extra oil, and the grease drips away from the sausage. The result is a delicious breakfast sausage with a crispy exterior and juicy meat inside.
You can cook either fresh or frozen patties in the air fryer. This recipe is easy to follow and don’t take any cooking skill, whether you are an expert or a beginner.
I will teach you how to cook frozen sausage patties in air fryer (cooked or raw), how to cook fresh air fryer sausage patties, how to store leftovers, and key tips to be aware of. So whether you are a health-conscious foodie or just looking for a quick meal option, keep reading!
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
Sausage Patties – Fresh or frozen, cooked or raw.
🥣How to How to Cook Frozen Sausage Patties in Air Fryer
Frozen Cooked Patties in Air Fryer
- Put the pre-cooked sausage patties in the basket in a single layer. Cook at 400 degrees F for 3 minutes.
- Flip them over and cook at 400 F for 3-4 minutes.
Frozen Raw Patties in Air Fryer
- Put the sausage patties in the basket in a single layer. Cook at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Flip the patties over. Increase the temperature to 400 degrees F and cook for 3 minutes.
- Flip them over again and air fry at 400 F for 3-4 minutes.
- Use a paper towel to blot any excess grease on the patties.
🍳How to Cook Fresh Sausage Patties in Air Fryer
You can cook either store-bought or homemade sausage patties.
- Put the fresh patties in a single layer in the basket. Cook at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Flip the patties over. Cook at 400 F for another 3-4 minutes.
- Blot them with a paper towel to remove any extra sausage grease.
A breakfast sandwich is one of my favorite things to make with the sausage. Add a slice of cheese and a fried egg and serve them on an English muffin or a bagel for a delicious on-the-go breakfast. These are also great additions to a breakfast wrap or burrito.
💭How to Store
Store leftover patties in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. You can reheat it by microwaving it for 30-60 seconds. Don’t refreeze sausage patties that were cooked from frozen.
You can also reheat the sausage patties in the air fryer. Cook them at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes, flipping them over once.
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- Do not overlap the sausage in the basket. Leave room for the air to circulate. Most air fryers will fit between 4-8 sausage patties without crowding.
- You can cook up a batch of sausage patties and use them over the week for meal prep. It is a time saver to have them already cooked on busy mornings when you want sausage for breakfast.
- For food safety, always use a meat thermometer to make sure the sausage has reached an internal temperature of 165 F. Don’t try to judge doneness just based on time. Cook time will vary based on your air fryer model, the thickness of the sausage, and how full the basket is.
No, the sausage should not stick even without adding oil. Both fresh and frozen sausages have plenty of fat in them.
Yes, turkey or chicken breakfast sausage can be cooked the same as pork sausages.
Frozen vegan or vegetarian sausage patties cook the same as any other frozen breakfast sausage.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
How to Make Sausage Patties in Air Fryer
- 8 sausage patties fresh or frozen
For all Types of Sausage
- Keep the sausage in a single layer in the basket. Do not crowd or stack the patties.
- When cooking is done, use an instant-read thermometer to verify that the patties have reached an internal temperature of 165 degrees F. The exact cooking time will vary based on your air fryer model, how full it is, and the thickness of the patties. Add extra time as needed.
Frozen Cooked Sausage Patties
- Put the patties in a single layer in the basket. Air fry at 400 degrees F for 3 minutes.8 sausage patties
- Flip them over and air fry for another 3 minutes.
Frozen Raw Sausage Patties
- Air fry the sausage patties at 350 degrees F for 5 minutes. This will mostly thaw the sausage.8 sausage patties
- Flip the sausage over. Raise the temperature to 400 F and air fry for 3-4 minutes.
- Flip the sausage again and cook at 400 F for another 3 minutes.
Fresh Raw Sausage Patties
- Put the patties in a single layer in the air fryer. Air fry at 400 degrees F for 5 minutes.8 sausage patties
- Flip the patties over and air fry for another 3 minutes.
- This works with all kinds of sausage, include pork, turkey, and chicken sausage. It also works with frozen vegetarian or vegan sausages.
- Do not crowd the sausage in the basket. Leave room for the air to circulate.
- Cook up a batch of frozen sausage patties and use them over the week for meal prep.
- For food safety, always use a meat thermometer to make sure the sausage has reached an internal temperature of 165 F. Don’t try to judge doneness just based on time.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.