I wrote this post as part of my participation in a blog tour on behalf of Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. McNeil Consumer Healthcare Division, the makers of SUDAFEDÂ®. I received compensation to thank me for taking the time to participate. However, all opinions expressed are my own.
Sinus pain is the worst! For me sinus congestion feels like someone has put my head in vice and is gradually squeezing it tighter and tighter!
When I get this kind of sinus pain I can’t function at all. My head hurts, my ears are full of fluid and I feel like I am going to explode. Things don’t get done around the house, and my kids know that they should just leave me alone. Getting sinus congestion can change a day from great to awful very quickly. Here are some ways I find relief from sinus pain and congestion!
- Stay hydrated – Drinking lots of fluids can help thin out the mucus and prevent congestion.
- Apply warm compresses – A warm and wet towel applied to the face can provide some relief.
- Eat spicy food – After all spicy foods make your nose run. So if you are congested some spicy chili can help break up the congestion.
- Drink steaming hot liquids, like tea or coffee – This has the double effect of keeping you hydrated and the heat from the liquids can help break up the congestion.
- Take a hot, steamy shower – steam can help moisten your sinuses and relieve congestion pain
- TakeÂ SUDAFEDÂ®Â – natural remedies are an excellent first course of action. But sometimes they aren’t enough, which is when I reach for theÂ SUDAFEDÂ®, because I know it will give me fast relief and make me feel like myself again.
What #SinusStruggle do you face? Share it below for your chance to win a $25 gift card!