Slippers are one of those things that is almost a clichÃ© to give for Christmas!Â And yet it seems like every year I end up giving or getting at least one pair of slippers.Â Here are some reasons why slippers make a great gift:
- It is easy to get the right size.Â Since they donâ€™t have to fit exactly like shoes you can buy them for someone without knowing their exact size.
- Everyone needs them.Â Almost everyone I know likes slippers in the winter.Â In the summer you can go barefoot around the house but around here it is too cold for bare feet in the winter.
- They wear out.Â Even if you got a great pair of slippers two years ago the chances are that it is time for a new pair.Â So they are a gift that gets used, not stuck on a shelf somewhere.
- They are comfortable.Â You can even get slippers with memory foam insoles now, which is like walking on air.
- There are styles for everyone.Â Gone are the days when slippers were ugly and all alike.Â Now you can buy slippers that are clogs, ballet style, moccasin, open toe or more.Â And they come in all kinds of colors and fabrics too.Â If you like fake fur, fleece, suede or leopard print fabric you can find slippers to match your style.
So if you are looking for a last minute gift consider slippers, they are a commonly given gift for a reason!