Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches only take 5 minutes to prep and are full of flavor! You’ll be amazed at how delicious and high-end this quick and easy meal is, considering how simple it is to make for a weeknight dinner. Plus, the leftovers make a great lunch the next day!
Italian beef sandwiches are frequently made with sliced beef but don’t underestimate this simplified version. If you need a simple, satisfying meal on a budget, this recipe is for you.
The Italian dressing mix coats the fall-apart tender beef to infuse it with savory notes of oregano, basil, and more. These beef sandwiches may only have a few simple ingredients but are packed with flavor.
Top the sandwiches with provolone cheese slices, which melt from the heat of the beef, to add a layer of melty cheese that adds the perfect balance that brings the whole dish together. This is an ideal family-friendly meal everyone will enjoy.
Keep reading to get step-by-step instructions, learn why chuck roast is the best cut of meat to use and get my best tips and tricks.
Looking for more slow cooker recipes? Try Crock Pot Pizza, Crock Pot Beef and Noodles, and Slow Cooker Cincinnati Chili.
For exact amounts needed see the recipe card below
- Salad Peppers—Sweet or hot. These are often located near the salad dressings.
- Boneless Chuck Eye Roast—Or another beef roast of equal sizes, such as a tri-tip or rump roast.
- Italian Dressing—Preferably zesty. You can use any brand.
- Parmesan Cheese—Freshly grated or prepackaged. Helps balance the zest from the dressing.
- Sandwich Buns—Store-bought or homemade. Crusty rolls are excellent for soaking up all the beef’s juices.
- Provolone Cheese—To balance the heat from the peppers and bring the flavor together.
🥩Why Should I Use A Chuck Roast?
Whether you are buying groceries for one or for a family of six, money at the grocery store doesn’t go as far as it used to. While boneless beef chuck roasts are not the highest quality meat you can purchase, they are affordable.
This makes them an excellent option for budget meals or larger pot-luck gatherings. Chuck roasts also absorb flavors as they cook, which makes them an ideal choice for this recipe.
🥣How to Make Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches
- Place the entire chuck roast in the slow cooker.
- Add the Italian dressing and ensure it evenly coats the roast.
- Pour half of the jarred peppers over the top of the roast. Set aside the remaining peppers.
- Cook the chuck roast on high for 4 hours or low for 6 hours.
- When the meat is fully cooked, spoon out most of the juice and shred the cooked meat.
- Gently fold in the parmesan cheese until evenly distributed throughout the beef.
- Top your hoagie rolls with a generous amount of meat, a slice of provolone cheese, and a few additional peppers.
A delicious beef sandwich topped with gooey cheese will be the star of any meal and go great with various sides. My favorite sides include macaroni and cheese, tuna pasta salad, green beans, and caprese salad.
💭How to Store
Store your leftover beef in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat the leftover meat in the microwave until it is warm all the way through. The reheating time will vary depending on how much meat you are heating.
Be sure to check out the step by step instructions
- If you want to add a little extra kick to your sandwiches, add a teaspoon or two of red pepper flakes to your crock pot before you turn it on.
- Either high or low works for cooking the roast. It depends on how long you want it to be in the crock pot.
- Your roast should shred with little to no effort once fully cooked. You can use a large spoon or two forks to break up the roast.
I recommend using a sturdy French roll for this recipe. You want to use a roll that can absorb moisture from the shredded beef without breaking down or becoming too soggy.
Of course! This recipe stores incredibly well. You can make the beef ahead of time and store it in the fridge to reheat latere.
Depending on the size of your crock pot, you may need to cut your roast into 2-3 smaller pieces. We also like to trim excess fat from our roast, but this is optional.
No, the liquid from the jar of peppers and the salad dressing will be enough to cook the beef.
Did You Make This? Leave a Star Rating!
Slow Cooker Italian Beef Sandwiches Recipe
- 2-3 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 jar sweet and hot salad peppers, undrained 12 ounces
- 1 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 8 sandwich buns
- 8 slices Provolone cheese
- Place your meat in the bottom of the slow cooker.2-3 pound boneless beef chuck roast
- Pour over the Italian dressing.1 cup zesty Italian dressing
- On top of the meat, place half the jar of peppers and half the juice from the jar. Reserve the rest of the peppers for serving.1 jar sweet and hot salad peppers, undrained
- Cover with a lid and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When the meat is tender, remove most of the juice from the slow cooker and shred your meat right in the slow cooker.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir.1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Assemble the sandwiches. Place provolone cheese on the buns, then the meat and the reserved peppers.8 sandwich buns, 8 slices Provolone cheese
- You can also use pepperoncini peppers, roasted red peppers, or banana peppers.
- You can add sliced onion or green pepper to the slow cooker.
- Mozzarella cheese is also great on this sandwich!
- The meat is also fabulous served over some mashed potatoes or baked potatoes.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
10 thoughts on “Crock Pot Italian Beef Sandwiches: Easy Weeknight Favorite”
Wow this looks like a delicious sandwich and so easy to make!
We love using Kraft dressings in our house – on salads, sandwiches and so much more!
Yum! That is a great and creative use for Italian dressing. Thanks for sharing your recipe. This would be a great one for busy school nights.
Yes please, this looks amazing, I love how it is pretty easy to whip up to! I am gonna have to add this on next weeks menu!!!
I love a good sandwich! My husband always calls me Joey Tribiani (from Friends!)…haha!
Oh wow that sounds like a satisfying sandwich indeed! I just used the Ranch dressing in a Taco Casserole and it turned out really well.
I love using my slow cooker, even more once the school year begins. What an easy recipe and I really like that you can modify the spice level for those you are serving. Great idea to use the Kraft dressings to help with the flavor too! #client
I love slow cooker recipes! They make my nights so much easier:)
We would just love Spicy Italian Beef Sandwich, it looks so good! Hope you are having a great day and thanks so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Easy and delicious! What’s not to like?
Oh…and leftovers too!
Thank you for sharing with See Ya in the Gumbo this week.