With trying to eat healthier I’ve been eating lots and lots of salad. So I’ve been looking for ways to make my salads more interesting and go beyond the standard lettuce, cucumbers and tomatoes. I made this Spinach Pear Salad and it was delicious. I haven’t ever used fruit with salad greens much before, but I can see it is an excellent combination. My husband usually has a token serving of salad, but he had seconds of this one and finished the bowl off.
- 3 cup baby spinach
- 1 medium pear
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup red onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon walnuts, chopped
- Slice the pear and toss the slices with the lemon juice so they don't get brown.
- Combine the spinach and pears. Top with the red onion, walnuts and vinegar.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 71Sodium: 19mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 1g