Spring Rolls are a great way to enjoy vegetables. There is something about seeing vegetables all sliced thinly and wrapped up neatly that makes them more appealing, and like most Americans I could stand to eat more veggies. So I recently decided I should make Spring Rolls at home, and made these Spring Rolls with Black Bean Noodles.
Once I decided to make the Spring Rolls I turned to Pinterest to learn how. I quickly found this Pin which promised step by step instructions on how to wrap spring rolls. Luckily it isn’t very difficult!
Traditionally Spring Rolls are made with cellophane noodles inside, but I wanted to try making them with Black Bean Spaghetti. I bought the Black Bean Spaghetti at the store a few weeks ago, and I thought it would make an interesting substitution. The Black Bean noodles have more protein than cellophane noodles, and the black color makes them look cool.
So I cooked up the Black Bean Spaghetti, and then sliced veggies to put inside the spring rolls. I used carrots, yellow peppers, bok choi and basil for the spring rolls. This made a nice variety of colors inside the Spring Rolls.
To wrap the Spring Rolls I simply soaked the rice paper wrappers in warm water for a few seconds to make them soft and pliable. Then I piled the noodles and veggies at one end, and rolled them up tucking the edges inside. I got better at rolling them neatly as I went along!
Of course one of the best parts of Spring Rolls is dipping them in Peanut Sauce! The rolls were tasty, and the Black Bean Noodles were a nice touch.
Spring Rolls with Black Bean Noodles
- 8 Spring Roll Wrappers
- 2 cup Black Bean Spaghetti
- 1 yellow pepper
- 2 carrots
- 2 cup Bok Choi
- 8 basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Peanut Sauce
- Cook the Black Bean Spaghetti as directed on the package.
- Slice the pepper and carrots thinly and coarsely chop the Bok Choi.
- Soak the Spring Roll wrapper in warm water for a few seconds, then place on a plastic cutting board.
- Put 1/2 c. noodles on one end of the wrapper, along with some of each of the vegetables. Add a basil leaf.
- Quickly roll up the wrapper, tucking the edges in as you go.
- Serve the Spring Rolls with peanut sauce.
I’m part of a group of bloggers that remakes pins we find on Pinterest to make them our own. For more fun Pinterest Remakes projects, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Homemade Febreze for Spring Freshness by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easter Oreo Fudge Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Bacon Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze by Day by Day in Our World
- Beef Enchilada Casserole by Just 2 Sisters
- DIY Lavender Hand Soap by Home and Garden Cafe
- Homemade Strawberry Vinegar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bowl by Sincerely Mindy
- Carrot Patch Brownie Bowls by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- Easter Eggs Coloring Page Free Printable by Baby Loving Mama
- Simple Italian Pot Roast by The Guavalicious Life