It looks like spring might finally be here – our snow is melting and we can actually see grass! To celebrate I made this pretty Spring Tulle Wreath with Butterflies.
It was very easy to make, and took less than an hour from start to finish. Â And it is brightening up my front door now and reminding me that nicer weather will be here soon!
- 1 roll yellow sparkly tulle
- 1 roll green sparkly tulle
- wreath form
- Black beads
- Straight pins
To make the wreath first I cut the tulle into lengths about 22 inches long. I just cut both rolls of tulle, and that was just the right amount to fill up the wreath form, with a little bit left over from each roll. Â Then I took each strip and looped it in half.
I put it under the wreath form and put the ends of the strip through the loop.
Then I pulled the strip tight and pushed it up against the other strips.
I alternated yellow and green all the way around the wreath. Â I didn’t have a matching ribbon to use to hang the wreath, so I braided the 16 inches of left over tulle and used that to make a loop for hanging the wreath.
To decorate the wreath I put some black and white butterflies on, along with some black beads.
I was originally planning to use a hot glue gun to attach the butterflies and beads, but then I realized that straight pins pushed into the styrofoamÂ wreath would be much less messy! Â I love how bright and cheerful this wreath looks, especially considering how easy it was to make.
For more fun Easter/Spring ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Easter Craft: Washcloth Bunny by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Easy DIY Garden Markers by A Mom’s Take
- Bunny Cupcakes by This Mama Loves
- Simple Spring Wreath by Simply Southern Mom
- Carrot (Cake) Cupcakes by Mom Does It All
- Ultimate Easter Egg Dye Guide by The Guavalicious Life
- DIY Homemade Bird Feeder by My So Called Balanced Life
- Edible Easter Placemats by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- DIY Colorful Spring Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- Monogrammed Earrings by How Was Your Day
- Nest Necklace by Style on Maine
- Fun and Healthy Easter Recipe for Kids: Crepe Cookies by Our Family World
- Make an Easy Painted Eggs Easter Craft with Dollar Store Supplies by My Kids Guide
- Spring Tea Party with Lemon and Ginger Scones by Day by Day in Our World
- Spring Button Canvas by Better in Bulk
- Carrot Cake Cookie Cups by About a Mom
- Easy DIY Spring Tote Bag for Girls by Philzendia