Disclosure: I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Sunshine Sweet Corn. I received a gift card to purchase a product sample to facilitate my review and a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
One of the great thing about spring is that fresh produce starts to show up in the stores!Â One of my families favorite vegetables for spring and summer is sweet corn.Â We enjoy corn because it is delicious and easy to make.
I have a garden and enjoy planting vegetables for the family to enjoy. I have tried to grow corn, but Iâ€™ve never had any success!Â So it is a good thing that it is so easy to find fresh corn in the grocery stores.
I always make one of the kids husk the corn, because I donâ€™t like taking off all the corn silk.Â Since they enjoy eating corn they are always willing to help, and I like to include them in the cooking as much as possible.
Most of the time I just boil the corn and serve it as a side dish with dinner. But sometimes I want to make a dish that include corn as an integral part of the meal.Â There are lots of recipes on the Sunshine Sweet Corn Website, along with tips on growing and cooking corn and much more.Â I made this delicious recipes for Cajun Sweet Corn and Chicken based on a recipe on the website, and it was delicious!Â I like meals like this that are one dish complete dinners, because it makes serving dinner simple.
Cajun Sweet Corn and Chicken Recipe
- 2 lbs. boneless chicken thighs
- 2 t. Cajun seasoning
- Â½ t. salt
- 1 T. olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 large celery rib, sliced
- 4 ears husked fresh Supersweet corn
- Heat the oil in a large pan on medium heat.Â Sprinkle the chicken pices with 1 t. of Cajun seasoning and the salt.Â Brown the chicken in the oil for about 10 minutes, turning at least once.
- Add the peppers, onions and celery to the pan.Â Cook, stirring occassionally for about 5 minutes.Â Slice each ear of corn into 4 pieces.Â
- Add the corn to the pan, and sprinkle with 1 t. of Cajun seasoning.Â Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, until the corn and chicken are cooked through.
Right now you can enter the Sunshine Sweet Corn â€œLivinâ€™ The Sweet Lifeâ€ contest by â€œpinningâ€ an image from the Sunshine Sweet Corn contest homepage to your Pinterest account using the hashtag #Sweetlife. There are three prizes worth over $200, so find and image and start pinning!