This is a simple recipe, but it is delicious and pretty! I had yellow, orange and red tomatoes for the salad, so it looked nice and colorful when it was done. My daughter who hates tomatoes says that they were edible when served this way.
- 4 Fresh vine-ripe tomatoes, sliced
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, cubed
- 20 to 30 leaves fresh basil
- 2 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- 2 Tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Layer tomatoes and mozzarella on plate.
- Sprinkle chopped basil over the tomatoes.
- Drizzle the salad with olive oil and vinegar.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 133 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 95mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 4g Protein: 4g
Nothing beats the taste of tomatoes fresh from the garden!