No Harry Potter movie celebration is complete without hot Butterbeer to drink! So here is an easy recipe. I like this one because you melt candy to get the butterscotch flavor, so it doesn’t take long to make. It is super sweet though, since you take cream soda and add sugar and candy. It even foams up on top for the authentic Harry Potter “frothing foam”.
- 4 12 oz cans of cream soda
- 3 Tablespoon butter
- 3 Tablespoon brown sugar
- 3/4 cup half and half
- 5 Werthers Original candies
- Pour the cream soda into a pan and bring it to a boil.
- Melt the butter and stir in the brown sugar until it dissolves.
- Once the cream soda is boiling pour in the brown sugar and butter mixture and stir. You have to watch this part, and make sure the bubbles in the cream soda are actually from boiling, not just from carbonation. If the soda isn't boiling the butter/sugar will harden.
- Add the half and half and the candy and stir until dissolved.
- Let cool for about 15 minutes before drinking.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 39mgSodium: 96mgCarbohydrates: 10gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g