My kids loved this recipe, and what is not to like, it is basically clams with bacon and butter. It is a good thing it is an appetizer and not a main dish, so you only eat a few each. We are going to the ocean for vacation in a few weeks and can’t wait to eat lots of seafood dishes, like this one.
- 2 slices of bacon
- 2 Tablespoon butter, room temperature
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 2 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 clams
- Fry the bacon until very crisp and crumble.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients together except the clams and stir to combine well. The butter really needs to be at room temperature for this to work.
- Shuck the clams, discarding the top shell. Place then on a tray and put a spoonful of the butter mixture on top of each.
- Bake for 4-5 minutes, until the top is brown.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 139mgCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 2g