Tuna is one of my favorite sources of protein, since it is so quick and easy to make. I recently made these tasty Tuna Stuffed Zucchini Boats, which are perfect for a lunch or quick dinner.
This time of year I always have more zucchini than I know what to do with! So I like to experiment with new and different ways to serve it. I used Bumble Bee Prime Fillet Albacore Tuna with Jalapenos & Olive Oil to make the Stuffed Zucchini Boats. The Prime Fillet Albacore Tuna combines the highest quality albacore tuna with the finest, restaurant-inspired ingredients. It is convenient and nutritious, and is available in 2.5oz pouches or 5oz cans.
Since the tuna comes already seasoned I only needed a few ingredients to complete the recipe. I mixed the tuna with the zucchini flesh, some red onion and topped it off with cheddar cheese. Those simple additions were all that was needed to make a spicy Mexican inspired dish.
- 2 zucchini
- 1 can Tuna with Jalapenos & Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the zucchini in half, and use a spoon to scoop out the insides. Chop the zucchini insides.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Open the tuna can and pour some of the olive oil into the pan.
- Saute the zucchini insides and red onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tuna.
- Stuff the zucchini shells with the mixture and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Saturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 15mgSodium: 104mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 1gSugar: 5gProtein: 6g
With these cans of tuna with flavoring ingredients included it is easy to make quick recipes that have more pizzazz than basic salads!
Find More Zucchini Recipes
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.