Tuna is one of my favorite sources of protein, since it is so quick and easy to make. I recently made these tasty Tuna Stuffed Zucchini Boats, which are perfect for a lunch or quick dinner.
This time of year I always have more zucchini than I know what to do with! So I like to experiment with new and different ways to serve it. I used Bumble Bee Prime Fillet Albacore Tuna with Jalapenos & Olive Oil to make the Stuffed Zucchini Boats. The Prime Fillet Albacore Tuna combines the highest quality albacore tuna with the finest, restaurant-inspired ingredients. It is convenient and nutritious, and is available in 2.5oz pouches or 5oz cans.
Since the tuna comes already seasoned I only needed a few ingredients to complete the recipe. I mixed the tuna with the zucchini flesh, some red onion and topped it off with cheddar cheese. Those simple additions were all that was needed to make a spicy Mexican inspired dish.
Tuna Stuffed Zucchini Boats
- 2 zucchini
- 1 can Tuna with Jalapenos & Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 F.
- Cut the zucchini in half, and use a spoon to scoop out the insides. Chop the zucchini insides.
- Heat a frying pan over medium heat. Open the tuna can and pour some of the olive oil into the pan.
- Saute the zucchini insides and red onion in the olive oil for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the tuna.
- Stuff the zucchini shells with the mixture and top with cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
The Prime Fillet Gourmet Flavors also comes in Sundried Tomatoes & Olive Oil and Chipotle & Olive Oil flavors. I like the versatility of having it available in a variety of flavors, and both pouches and cans. When I am making a quick salad or lunch dish I like to use the pouches, and when I am making dinner for the family I usually use the cans.
With these cans of tuna with flavoring ingredients included it is easy to make quick recipes that have more pizzazz than basic salads! What are you favorite ways to enjoy Bumble Bee Tuna?
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.