Pumpkin and chocolate are one of my favorite flavor combinations, and to make these White Chocolate Pumpkin Bars I used white chocolate instead of dark chocolate for a totally different taste!
These take a little effort to prepare, because you have to make two separate batters and swirl them together for layers of white chocolate and pumpkin. But the result is worth the effort! The white chocolate layer is more cake like, and the pumpkin layer is more dense and chewy, for a great combination of tastes and textures.
When I was making these I was not optimistic about how they were going to turn out, because the white chocolate and butter separated after I melted them, and although I stirred them back together that made the white chocolate batter kind of thick and not very spreadable. The batters wouldn’t make big pretty swirls like I had envisioned when I planned the recipe, so I thought the bars might not turn out at all. But they far exceeded my expectations, because the batters combined and baked together beautifully, and the bars taste delicious too.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 8 oz white chocolate chips
- 1 ccup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 2 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 can pumpkin puree
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Combine the butter and white chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt, stirring every 30 seconds. Set aside to cool slightly.
- Put the sugar, eggs and vanilla in a mixer, and beat for 5 minutes until fluffy.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl, and add to the batter in the mixer bowl all at once. Mix until well combined.
- In another small bowl mix the pumpkin, oil, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- Add half the batter from the mixer to the bowl with the pumpkin and mix well.
- Add the chocolate mix to the mixer bowl and mix well.
- Spray a 9 x 13 cooking pan with cooking spray.
- Pour in the chocolate batter, and then top with the pumpkin batter. Swirl with a knife.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 206Saturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 200mgCarbohydrates: 18gSugar: 7gProtein: 3g