This post contains affiliate links.
This quick and easy Zucchini and Summer Squash Casserole is a quick and easy recipe that is perfect for the holiday season!
I love zucchini because it is easy to find and quick to make. The recipe is made with green zucchini and yellow summer squash, which combine to make a pretty contrast and make the dish look fancy.
I alternated the zucchini slices in concentric circles in a glass pie plate.
Of course you could use just one color of squash but using both colors makes this perfect for a fancy dinner, like Thanksgiving.
I sprinkled the veggies with salt, pepper, Parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and baked them. Even with layer the zucchini in circles it still only took a few minutes to put this side dish together. The result is a casserole that is an attractive and tasty way to serve some healthy vegetables.
- 2 zucchini
- 2 yellow summer squash
- 3 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Wash the zucchini and summer squash and slice into 1/4 inch thick slices.
- Arrange the slices in concentric circles in a pie plate, alternating yellow and green slices.
- Drizzle the slices with olive oil, then sprinkle with cheese and bread crumbs. Grind salt and pepper on top of the casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 25 minutes until the top is lightly browned.
Nutrition facts are estimates.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120 Saturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 4mg Sodium: 116mg Carbohydrates: 6g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 4g
Pyrex Bakeware 9-1/2-Inch Scalloped Pie Plate, ClearBamboo Cutting Board – Premium Large Wood, Bamboo Chopping Board by Comllen (18Stainless Steel Kitchen Knife Set – 13 Piece – BONUS Sharpener – 6 Knives – Chef, Bread, Carving, Paring, Utility and Santoku Knife – Cutlery Sets – Multicolor by Lucentee